• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is my truck for sale on g.l. Again? Its at my house !

ODdave

So.... i had to post this, i was looking on GL for michigan and MY TRUCK IS FOR SALE AGAIN ON THERE! LMAO! i alredy picked the truck up this summer. the m35a2 that is in grayling (the only m35) is my truck. im a lil confused as how this happend but i thought it to be rather odd. cool part is there was a new top in the back along with a ton of cabinets and tool boxes. since i have put the new top on but havent wound the winch drum yet, posted some pics of how it looks now

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW!! That whole lot of 200 trucks is back! Sweet!!
Anyone ready for round two??

maxim

Ha Ha..it seems we are still being plagued by the Great Grayling sale. Some day we will remember it and youngsters will listen to the story with wide eyes...."Really grandpa, all those trucks?" Some reminders for those who were there or not.....What was the final talley....some 135 or so trucks...

Attachments

poppop

Hope nobody bids more than you did.:confused: Maybe GL has found a new way to sell trucks, you make more if you sell them more than once. Had a local tractor dealer with a simular deal. Sell one tractor, finance it for the farmer at three different banks, worked great for a while.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha Ha..it seems we are still being plagued by the Great Grayling sale. Some day we will remember it and youngsters will listen to the story with wide eyes...."Really grandpa, all those trucks?" Some reminders for those who were there or not.....What was the final talley....some 135 or so trucks...

Almost, if not, 200 in two sales.

And yes, it was a day to remember!!!!!!!

phil2968

The same thing happened to me! I won my truck in June of 09 from Grayling. In the next auction at Grayling I saw pics of my truck relisted! Called GL and was assured my truck was still mine. As it turned out, the pics were not actually of my truck but another M109 that was still there when I picked mine up in August. I got a better truck than the one in the pics so no complaints here!

GoldComet6

So you think it's funny now ODdave?

Just wait until GL says, that YOU have to deliver your truck to the new owner!! He'll probably be in South Florida, Texas or maybe Arizona!!!

Enjoy your Deuce ride while it lasts!!!!!!!!!!!

roflroflrofl

ODdave

just had to update this, it has 2 days left and it is allredy bringing more than i payed for it !!!. i'l have to contact the winner and see how he wants to pay me. lol

velociT

just had to update this, it has 2 days left and it is allredy bringing more than i payed for it !!!. i'l have to contact the winner and see how he wants to pay me. lol
This is so messed up.

So just for clarity, are they using your VIN #'s and everything? or just the same pic?

ABN173

If you are sure it is the same truck with same VIN data etc then please get online and chat with GL so you can save somebody a really big headache! They do have to pay as soon as the auction is over remember.

I'm not a MOD but I think this SNAFU would warrant an exception to the "dont discuss active auctions rule"

WoW.....

ODdave

here is the listing, as it states sn# unknown..........

"AM GENERAL M35A2 2 1/ 2 TON 6x6 CARGO TRUCK WO/ WINCH, 6 CYLINDER MULTI FUEL ENGINE, 5 SPEED TRANS, SN# UNKNOWN MILLAGE AND HOURS UNKNOWN, BATTERIES ARE DEAD, INCLUDES TARP AND BOWS, 55 GALLON FUEL TANK, 24 VOLT ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, UNK WORKING COND, NO LOAD OUT ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE "

i am thinking they just used the photo as a "stock" pic. but im not shure. the part that scares me is the descrip is the same incorrect one i had (i am trying to find my old paper work). i will call them tomarrow.

ABN173

ABN173, there is a rule i shouldnt be talking about this on here?
Correct, but that was not the point I wished to make. This (in my opinion) would be such an unique situation I think it would warrant an exception.

But since you asked it's under forum rules:

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• No collusion as specified above.

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Forum Rules

I think it is also to deter the collusion (collaboration)

-Dale