• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will a 5 ton lds intall to a deuce

No, the 5ton MF will not go right in, for many reasons....
use 2.5ton bell-housing + adapter ring, 2.5ton flywheel, clutch and disc, spacer for starter. .
Sorry to bump an old thread, I'm thinking of doing this conversion. Is the adapter ring for the bell housing already on a Deuce bell housing or do you need to get it somewhere else? What about the starter spacer?
Thanks -GM

Darwin T

No, the 5ton MF will not go right in, for many reasons....

cross-over tubes for the oil pump from any 2.5ton model MF and swap them out, use 2.5ton bell-housing + adapter ring.

Are the cross-over tubes inside the oil pan? What is the + adapter ring adapt to and does it come with the bell housing?

Darwin T

i just bought and LDS to put in my M109a3 and take out the LDT non-turbo. It won't ship until next week so i have not even looked at it, but, i have been looking for all the parts to swap them out.

Darwin T

My M52a2 has a LDS, but having both in a truck and knowing how to swap them are two different things. You guys are awesome with the help and pictures. The LDT bell housing and the LDS use different adapters, that is something i really needed to know.

Darwin T

I just did not understand why a LDT bell housing would need an adapter. I would think both multi fuel bell housings whould have the same bolt pattern even though they are shapped different. I thought it was the same block. For now i will be using the transmission that is conectted to an LDT now.

Darwin T

Change of plans. iI am going to put the new LDS-465 in my M52a2 along with a new wiring harness. tThe LDS_465 takeout will get a new head gasket, turbo and new fuel lines like the new LDS-465. I am trying to attach the pictures of the work from this weekend.

OK, today they uploaded. Here are the new fuel lines and i also replaced the line under the injector because I don't know how old it is and I don't want to fight it after the engine swap when it is in the trruck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bowtie70SS

Looks like i get added to the list of LDS swaps. I'm going to go pick one up Friday. I am sure it will be obvious when I get the new engine but can I run the 5 ton clutch,pp,and tob with the Deuce bell? Seems like it would be heavier duty.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't think so. When we did the swap, we used the deuce stuff. No worrys though, I am hard on my truck and the clutch/pressure plate has survived.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks