• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a deuce run on refrigeration oil?

rebel_raider

What about vacuum pump oil? Since vacuum pump oil is supposed to be drained after every use, there might be quite a bit floating around. Perhaps this calls for some research.

stumps

It is hard to give a blanket statement when it comes to vacuum pump oil. Some is vegetable based, some petroleum based, and some silicone based. The vegetable, and petroleum based would be fine, but the silicone based, when made hot enough, burns to form silicon dioxide, which is glass.

-Chuck

rebel_raider

Thanks for the input, Chuck. I did not know about the three varieties. I've been working for a heat and air place for about 7 years, and although we don't change the oil like we should, I still have access to a little bit. I'll have to look into what kind we have now.

stumps

Thanks for the input, Chuck. I did not know about the three varieties. I've been working for a heat and air place for about 7 years, and although we don't change the oil like we should, I still have access to a little bit. I'll have to look into what kind we have now.
The vacuum pump oil used by the heating and air conditioning community would be a mineral oil. It should be fine.

-Chuck

tbearatkin

Not real sure why my buddies and me are still alive but many years ago as a teenagers and those little suicide cans of freon were so easily available and cheap we would have a road party in a large field and we would toss these in the fire. They made some really purple color flames when they blew up.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks