• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will CUCVs continue to appreciate in value?

Tanner

$500.00 for a toilet seat. $200.00 for a hammer. etc.
...sigh.

I hear this frequently quoted about the high price the Government pays for toilet seats & hammers, BUT did someone take the time to see if it was a special design, limited-production volume $500 toilet seat for use on a B52 lav, or a special use $200.00 hammer for some peculiar application?

Or did people simply choose to believe that this seat/hammer was identical to the item purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot? What are people comparing this to?

:cookoo:

'Tanner'

Midnight Rider

...sigh.

I hear this frequently quoted about the high price the Government pays for toilet seats & hammers, BUT did someone take the time to see if it was a special design, limited-production volume $500 toilet seat for use on a B52 lav, or a special use $200.00 hammer for some peculiar application?

Or did people simply choose to believe that this seat/hammer was identical to the item purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot? What are people comparing this to?

:cookoo:

'Tanner'
I would counter your argument with, after all of these years of people making that statement, how come no one has ever come forward and said these were special cases. Because they were the standard stuff.

As for the CUCV's, they are a great way for someone to enter into MV ownership without having to worry about HOA's, special tools, etc... that would come with owning one of the larger MV's. Thanks to a member here, I have gotten to ride around in a bobbed deuce, but from a practical standpoint, I could never own one. I'm sure I would have alot of fun owning one though.

I will say that if I was riding around in a standard issue civy Blazer from 1985, I would not be getting the same notice as I am in the 1009.

No matter what anyone says, it is a unique vehicle. It isn't perfect, most vehicles aren't. But it is fun to own and drive. I know I will miss mine when it is gone.

ryan77

It all comes down to supply and demand! If theres a limited supply and people want one it will go up in value! Or look at yugo's not to many around and their worth nothing....lol

Tanner

I would counter your argument with, after all of these years of people making that statement, how come no one has ever come forward and said these were special cases. Because they were the standard stuff.
And you are assured that said items in question are the 'standard stuff'? Anecdotal evidence or hard facts?

...to your point about 'no one coming forward & saying that these are special cases' - the squeaky wheel gets the attention & grease in this case. I'd ask the whistle-blowers to prove their point, with something called - facts. No facts presented? Then it never happened.

Back on topic for the OP: get your CUCV and drive it before it succumbs to Chevy rustitis & goes back to earth. Don't look at it as an investment. It's not far removed from the civvy version of the truck, meaning it's not that unique; no one will pay Barrett Jackson prices for a Chevy diesel pickup - drive it, work on it (a lot), and enjoy yourself.