• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this be a good battery?

cucvrus

That will be a great battery. Good would be a Walmart special. That one you have listed will mount properly and you can put the bolt eye ends on or the post adapters if you like. They are great batteries. I have a set of deep cycle glass mat lift gate batteries in my Terminus M1009. They are designed to be on the back of a truck and take a bit more abuse from bouncing aft the rear axle. They were freebies so if they fail no loss. but so far so good. I did bounce them a few times rather hard and they keep going.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are currently some 6TAGMs on a certain civilian auction site for a good price with free shipping.

cucvrus

power.jpgI have battery power covered on all bases. I picked up a few last Friday for my friends. We got the power. Is $175. a good price on these. They are NOT 2nds.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 631943I have battery power covered on all bases. I picked up a few last Friday for my friends. We got the power. Is $175. a good price on these. They are NOT 2nds.
The ones that are on eBay are New - never used 6TAGMs still in the original box for $145 each (never used but out of the 36 month warranty) so if you got 6 used ones for $175 (as long as they still have some life left) then that's a good deal. They're probably worth about $20 each scrap so there's $120 even if they're dead.

cucvrus

No they are all brand new. And I was wondering if $175. each is a good deal? I would not even bother buying used batteries. Why would I? They are not worth the time and damage to starters and electrical systems. Dead /weak batteries are the worst thing on any type of vehicle.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are all brand new. And I was wondering if $175. each is a good deal? I would not even bother buying used batteries. Why would I? They are not worth the time and damage to starters and electrical systems. Dead /weak batteries are the worst thing on any type of vehicle.
Then actually I wouldn't say that's a very great deal. You can get new, still in the box 6TAGMs for $145. That's a much better (in my opinion) battery than the older style. Up to you but if I could save $30 per unit and get a battery that wasn't 1950s technology I'd go for the AGMs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks