• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this be a good battery?

cucvrus

That will be a great battery. Good would be a Walmart special. That one you have listed will mount properly and you can put the bolt eye ends on or the post adapters if you like. They are great batteries. I have a set of deep cycle glass mat lift gate batteries in my Terminus M1009. They are designed to be on the back of a truck and take a bit more abuse from bouncing aft the rear axle. They were freebies so if they fail no loss. but so far so good. I did bounce them a few times rather hard and they keep going.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are currently some 6TAGMs on a certain civilian auction site for a good price with free shipping.

cucvrus

power.jpgI have battery power covered on all bases. I picked up a few last Friday for my friends. We got the power. Is $175. a good price on these. They are NOT 2nds.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 631943I have battery power covered on all bases. I picked up a few last Friday for my friends. We got the power. Is $175. a good price on these. They are NOT 2nds.
The ones that are on eBay are New - never used 6TAGMs still in the original box for $145 each (never used but out of the 36 month warranty) so if you got 6 used ones for $175 (as long as they still have some life left) then that's a good deal. They're probably worth about $20 each scrap so there's $120 even if they're dead.

cucvrus

No they are all brand new. And I was wondering if $175. each is a good deal? I would not even bother buying used batteries. Why would I? They are not worth the time and damage to starters and electrical systems. Dead /weak batteries are the worst thing on any type of vehicle.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are all brand new. And I was wondering if $175. each is a good deal? I would not even bother buying used batteries. Why would I? They are not worth the time and damage to starters and electrical systems. Dead /weak batteries are the worst thing on any type of vehicle.
Then actually I wouldn't say that's a very great deal. You can get new, still in the box 6TAGMs for $145. That's a much better (in my opinion) battery than the older style. Up to you but if I could save $30 per unit and get a battery that wasn't 1950s technology I'd go for the AGMs.