• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You could connect 2 of them in series but they woukd have to be identical and you would have to run them both at the same time. Or you could get a 24 volt winch.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it is a 10si one-wire 12-volt alternator, and I replaced the stock 24-volt alternator with an aftermarket 27si 24-volt alternator. I used TM America's alternator bracket kit to mount both of them, and obtained drive belts from NAPA.

I ran 2/0-gauge wires to a winch connector plug at the back of the truck to power the winch; works like a champ.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leo, we require capitalization and punctuation on this site.

Also, please take the time to post in the correct forums.

leo4x4

Dude what is ur problem. I dont see everyone else using capitalization or punctuation, I dont need an English lesson here.
Just trying to get some info not write court letters.

leo4x4

Dude what is ur problem. I dont see everyone else using capitalization or punctuation, I dont need an English lesson here.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please take a moment to review the site rules you agreed to follow by signing up.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?84063-Forum-rules

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most guys on here are GROWN MEN, not just some "dude". Many have served in the military, or have been in this particular hobby for quite some time and have extensive experience and knowledge and are due some respect. Especially when their their title is ADMINISTRATOR, and yours is PRIVATE. There's TONS of knowledge and information on here, all it costs is a little respectfulness.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1. leo4x4-you'll find a lot of good info here. You should attempt to fit in. Every community has a culture of it's own-whether it's online or in person. It's a good idea to look around your community and see what the norm is and try to fit in. What flies in San Francisco probably won't fly in Wichita, Kansas and vice versa.

2. Using 12V winches, 24V winches and how to wire them have been covered in a fairly exhausting detail. Here are some threads to get you started:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?61234-12v-winch-on-24v <-on this thread, it would be appropriate to ask the OP how his experiment ended.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?72994-12V-winch-in-24V-system

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...he-best-way-to-wire-a-12v-winch-into-my-5-ton <--5 ton, but same ideas and issues. Very good thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?80970-Winch-poll <--discussion of stock PTO versus electric.

Heath_h49008

Hmmm... interesting.

"court letters.." and the handle "l.e.o. 4x4"

Odd attitude. I wonder if these things are related.

It's a simple courtesy to allow everyone to read posts, and to keep this site from becoming cluttered. Nobody is picking on you.

welldigger

Easy fellas the guy is new. Leo4x4 no one is trying to bust your balls. We aren't spelling and grammar nazi's, but there comes a point when it becomes difficult to follow a post when spelling and grammar aren't even attempted.

As far as your winch issue, the best option would be a 2nd 12v alternator. A winch is a high amperage accessory. A converter or battery equalizer will burn up pretty fast with a winch hooked to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks