• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer bottle top repair

When I got the truck from the government, someone along the way was kind enough to to break the top barbs off of the washer bottle. My neighbor had a take off whole bottle assembly, problem solved, nope... As I was pushing the hoses on the barbs, I broke one! The white plastic is brittle.

It has been down on my list items to fix, but need to get an inspection.
I went to a local industrial supply house ( no luck at HD or Lowes) and picked up some double 3/16" -barb to barb fittings. Drilled from the bottom up on the cover to a close size to allow the barbs, but not the large center of the fitting to fit through. I then used some harbor freight 90 second epoxy to seal them up. (This epoxy is one of the best HF products, I've used this tube on about 6 various projects over the last year and still have 1/2 a tube left.)
Fix works like a charm, for less then a buck for the 2 barbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks