• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer bottle top repair

When I got the truck from the government, someone along the way was kind enough to to break the top barbs off of the washer bottle. My neighbor had a take off whole bottle assembly, problem solved, nope... As I was pushing the hoses on the barbs, I broke one! The white plastic is brittle.

It has been down on my list items to fix, but need to get an inspection.
I went to a local industrial supply house ( no luck at HD or Lowes) and picked up some double 3/16" -barb to barb fittings. Drilled from the bottom up on the cover to a close size to allow the barbs, but not the large center of the fitting to fit through. I then used some harbor freight 90 second epoxy to seal them up. (This epoxy is one of the best HF products, I've used this tube on about 6 various projects over the last year and still have 1/2 a tube left.)
Fix works like a charm, for less then a buck for the 2 barbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk