• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper motor alignment

Hasdrubal

Changed out my wiper/washer assembly as I've go the windshield out to fix a small leak. Thought I put it all back like it was, just noticed that the link arm that attaches to the motor with the 13 mm nut looks like its 180 degrees off. Do I have to redo this or does it not matter, ie; does the wiper motor simply rotate or does it go back and forth?

Hasdrubal

What I meant to say was the park position for the link arm was 180 off, at the passenger end of its travel. Looking at it, it was obvious that I had to reverse it as the down stroke would have been first. Took it for a drive in the rain. Stopped working after an hour with the wipers close to the up stroke. Worked a few more strokes then I had to drive home without wipers. This morning tried it again, nothing, a few more tries and it works, managed to get them in the park position.

This is a brand new OEM unit. All connections are good, it has the ground strap. Any ideas what it might be?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks