• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper motor alignment

Hasdrubal

Changed out my wiper/washer assembly as I've go the windshield out to fix a small leak. Thought I put it all back like it was, just noticed that the link arm that attaches to the motor with the 13 mm nut looks like its 180 degrees off. Do I have to redo this or does it not matter, ie; does the wiper motor simply rotate or does it go back and forth?

Hasdrubal

What I meant to say was the park position for the link arm was 180 off, at the passenger end of its travel. Looking at it, it was obvious that I had to reverse it as the down stroke would have been first. Took it for a drive in the rain. Stopped working after an hour with the wipers close to the up stroke. Worked a few more strokes then I had to drive home without wipers. This morning tried it again, nothing, a few more tries and it works, managed to get them in the park position.

This is a brand new OEM unit. All connections are good, it has the ground strap. Any ideas what it might be?