• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WisDOT on the warpath again!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I thought when they came out with foam cheese hats it couldn't get any worse for us.
I like Wisconsin dairy products very much, but those cheese hats and those who are seen wearing them are a great source of amusement for those of us in the south. Y'all need a law banning them for some reason or another (making the foam is somehow poisonous? Do they release toxic fumes when burned?), or find a way to have them fall into disrepute. Do it for the Children!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like Wisconsin dairy products very much, but those cheese hats and those who are seen wearing them are a great source of amusement for those of us in the south. Y'all need a law banning them for some reason or another (making the foam is somehow poisonous? Do they release toxic fumes when burned?), or find a way to have them fall into disrepute. Do it for the Children!
It's actually a vicious circle....

A Cheese-Hat-Wearing-Wisconsonian with mis-wired gray matter dons a chunk of "holey" imitation cheese and presses it onto their head, thereby releasing gaseous byproducts of the foam production process which wafts into the wearer's respiratory system while also leaching concentrated byproduct in a form soluable in scalp sweat into the cranium. These chemical agents induce further brain damage into the already mis-wired gray matter to the point that what is inside the wearer's skull is no longer recognizable as a brain. This then causes the wearer to become addicted to wearing foam cheese and the cycle starts over again. Folowing repeated use, the brain is so indistinguishable that it becomes the mass of, and has the gravitational pull of a BLACK HOLE - Sucking ALL nearby Cheese-Hat-Vulnerable-Wisconsonian brain matter into the same vicious cycle.

The only known cure for Cheese-Head-Syndrone is.....aua . . . and . . . :deadhorse: . . . so . . . :grd:

[thumbzup]:driver:

"Beam me us, Scotty! There is no intelligent life here.... Kirk out."

<edit... added the following>
The comments above are intended to be COMIC RELIEF only - Imagine Letterman or Leno doing their monologue.

In fact, EVERY state, city, province, HOA, neighborhood has its own little "syndrone" to deal with.

This tread has needed some "cheering up" for a while now.

NO HARM intended or implied.

John

<end edit>

Last edited:

undysworld

John,

I'm here to report that this affliction goes way beyond the "cheesehead" hats you write about. A friend of mine actually wore a pheasant on his head to some Packer games. The pheasant was dead, and somewhat hollowed out, but it was a pheasant nonetheless.

Any help with a possible diagnosis or cure will be passed on, and greatly appreciated. (There's one theory that it's in the water up here. Personally, I think it's in the beer.)

Anyway, quit pickin' on us, or we'll move to where you are. We're pretty close to moving anyway, what with the DMV around here...

Cheers,
Paul

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

I'm here to report that this affliction goes way beyond the "cheesehead" hats you write about. A friend of mine actually wore a pheasant on his head to some Packer games. The pheasant was dead, and somewhat hollowed out, but it was a pheasant nonetheless.

Any help with a possible diagnosis or cure will be passed on, and greatly appreciated. (There's one theory that it's in the water up here. Personally, I think it's in the beer.)

Anyway, quit pickin' on us, or we'll move to where you are. We're pretty close to moving anyway, what with the DMV around here...

Cheers,
Paul
I hope you realize that I work in a Funeral Home, and am presently laughing so hard that the "clients" are at risk of awakening!!!!!!!!!

I can just visualize it now....

Officer: "Sir, why do you have that pheasant on your head?"
Fan: "I have a pheasant on my head?"
Officer: "Yes, sir. Either you are wearing it, or you think you look smarter with your head shoved up a pheasant's butt."
Fan: "I think it was the beer, officer, I thought I was wearing _______ (fill in the blank)."

You noticed that I have not mentioned any of the TEXAS-SIZED antics that the Lone Star State's FANATICS try, didn't you.

We have some of the best here....
Dallas Cowboys, Texas A&M "Aggies", University of Texas "Longhorns", Angelo State University "RAMS", and so on.... and don't get me started on the Rodeo Cowboys !

Oh, if those stadium urinals could talk - the stories they would tell ! ! !

kaziboku

I did write the Governor and decided to write a Senator as well-
I cant profess to be a great letter writer but here is what was sent to the Senator:

Dear Senator Holperin,
What are your feelings about citizens being able to use retired military vehicles for business and pleasure?
Wisconsin currently uses deuce and a half's for fire fighting and forestry work and I would also like to use one of these workhorses as a workhorse as well as a collectable, historic vehicle.
Current DMV regulations do not allow me the freedom to utilize MVs, beyond driving in a parade. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you why our regulations
deny citizens the freedom to employ a used truck. Perhaps it is a misinterpretation of law.

If you find that there are issues in driving large trucks, then please allow the citizens the freedom to address those issues.

The DOT voices a concern that former military vehicles pose a higher risk to public safety. That claim is unsupported. There is currently no data to define the military vehicle highway safety record in Wisconsin. Hard data to support the safety record of former military vehicles operated in Wisconsin is impossible to demonstrate when former military vehicles remain mixed with automobiles under collector plate law in AB589.

But if there is a safety issue or concern; then please allow the citizens to address the issue instead of banning an entire class of vehicles.

I might add that having these capable vehicles, available and in running condition - beyond that required for a parade - would provide an intrinsic support
capability during any disaster. If I have a truck capable of rescuing property and people by driving through five feet of water during a flood - why shouldn't I be allowed to help?
"Sorry, I can only get there to support a parade." seems a bit mean.

Will you support changing the current Wisconsin regulations to allow the common use of Military Trucks?

mark

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did write the Governor and decided to write a Senator as well-
I cant profess to be a great letter writer but here is what was sent to the Senator:

Dear Senator Holperin,
What are your feelings about citizens being able to use retired military vehicles for business and pleasure?
Wisconsin currently uses deuce and a half's for fire fighting and forestry work and I would also like to use one of these workhorses as a workhorse as well as a collectable, historic vehicle.
Current DMV regulations do not allow me the freedom to utilize MVs, beyond driving in a parade. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you why our regulations
deny citizens the freedom to employ a used truck. Perhaps it is a misinterpretation of law.

If you find that there are issues in driving large trucks, then please allow the citizens the freedom to address those issues.

The DOT voices a concern that former military vehicles pose a higher risk to public safety. That claim is unsupported. There is currently no data to define the military vehicle highway safety record in Wisconsin. Hard data to support the safety record of former military vehicles operated in Wisconsin is impossible to demonstrate when former military vehicles remain mixed with automobiles under collector plate law in AB589.

But if there is a safety issue or concern; then please allow the citizens to address the issue instead of banning an entire class of vehicles.

I might add that having these capable vehicles, available and in running condition - beyond that required for a parade - would provide an intrinsic support
capability during any disaster. If I have a truck capable of rescuing property and people by driving through five feet of water during a flood - why shouldn't I be allowed to help?
"Sorry, I can only get there to support a parade." seems a bit mean.

Will you support changing the current Wisconsin regulations to allow the common use of Military Trucks?

mark
Well done, Sir.

Please keep us posted as to any response, etc.

[thumbzup]

kaziboku

Thanks for the support and advice. I immediately sent a letter to my Assembly Representative.

On a lighter note - I do know of some cows who escaped from California and are hiding udder the witness protection program in Wisconsin. They are now free of 'happy' drugs and are quite content chewing untainted Wisconsin cud. Sorry the program won't allow me give any names -

vtwinpilot

The silence on this is reminding me how this slid up the tailpipe with stealth and deception. How a judges ruling on a DMV hearing could be delayed for months makes little sense unless it is to avoid political retribution since the Trans commitee

Chairman is up for recall. Will this set the standard or will the state just make it's decision on this case and leave everyone else to fight their own battles? That seem's to be the standard, keep some quite with appeasement and screw other's.

undysworld

Vtwin,

Despite the silence, efforts are continuing.

On Tuesday, the Wis. Dept. of Admin. Div. of Hearings and Appeals (DHA) accepted another appeal against the WisDOT. This one is by an older lady who owns a '51 Willys Overland Jeep. She was denied Collector plates, because it was an ex-military vehicle which did not meet FMVSS. (Never mind that FMVSS do not apply to pre-'68 vehicles!) Funny thing is: She had this Jeep licensed as a Collector vehicle in Wisconsin for 20 years, from '79 - '09. DOT is blaming last year's HMV law as the reason*!*

On another front, tomorrow is the date for submittal of the final arguments in the latest Appeal, that of a '85 GMC Blazer which was denied Collector plates. I expect the proposed decision in approximately a month.

In addition, fellow-member Kaziboku has managed to locate a DOD document which promises to be of big help to the owner of a CUCV pickup, whose appeal has been on hold pending the outcome of the Blazer hearing.

It is not at all unusual for appeals such as this to take a few months. The discovery period is often weeks long alone. In this case, the appeal was held but the final arguments were due later in writing. In my appeal, the judge took a month to issue the proposed decision. Then both parties get an opportunity to submit briefs in support or opposition to the proposed decision. Then after approximately another month, the DHA Administrator issues the final decision. I really don't see any political maneuvering in this delay.

Anyway, thanks for keeping this thread active. I'll post any new advances when appropriate. If/when this gets into legislation, we'll need all the support we can muster. I do not anticipate any legislative changes until next year, given the budget fighting, etc., at the Capital this year.

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks