• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WisDOT on the warpath again!

Heath_h49008

Make friends with the local gun clubs, the local VFW/Boy Scout troops, and volunteer fire departments... a petition or a few letters might carry some weight.

Then, you need to have whatever legal help you have work with you in crafting a letter to the Attorney General of the State, and ask for a legal definition of "Truck" pointing out that the Roads of Wis. can be populated by these same trucks, licensed in other states, because Interstate Commerce demands they do.

If you point out that the only thing they will do, is lose tax money as people register their trucks out of state with friends and relatives, as well as how out of step Wisconsin is with other states, you may be able to backdoor the bureaucrats in WisDOT.

Just an idea... That was how we got silencers in Michigan 2 months ago.

Hightechken

The point here is that the state of Wisconsin already had numerous 'ex-mil vehicles' titled and registered for use on the highway, and had been more than happy to collect taxes and fees on said vehicles. Also, said ex-mil vehicles were obviously functioning on the highways without issues for a period of years, until one of the 99%-ers in WisDOT got their skivvies in a twist. Yet, it appears that no one in the WisDOT has the brass marbles to stand up and say 'It was I' that pushed for these bans...

Keep up the fight, Undy! The state of Wisconsin needs more civilian usable trucks, and fewer parade trailer queens...

'T'
True statements all. The more I am learning about the whole situation, The more I feel everybody should contact their elected representatives and demand Wisconsin DOT's budget be cut and start to eliminate some of the positions on the upper stories at DOT of the jerks that think these schemes up.
Wisconsin, Like most states is about broke. Yet they pay lawyers to come up with this crap.
A class action lawsuit was mentioned I think? I don't have spare cash floating about, But I sure would chip in to get something going. Along with that, Perhaps letting the news media know about this would be a good thing too. Especially near Memorial day, etc. As mentioned.

vtwinpilot

Let's not let valid valuable discussion get sidetracked by other issues such as gun control or assumptions folk's would act out with violence. I have seen many sporting message board thread's shut down due to deliberate or accidental introduction of sensitive topics. Back to the issue of exemption, the addition of being able to alter or modify a select few vehicles under the collector plate was a dangerous oversight. It could have possibly been a deliberate "poison pill" or accidental incompetance. Possibly dividing the Mil. Vehicle crowd from the collector vehicle crowd. The integrity of the collector plate is a very important issue to quite a number of vehicle enthusiast's. With them now getting anal retentive restrictive on anything old it brings a number of things out. GM vehicles have always had a great advantage as the engines and parts or inter-changeable over decades. Now they are being held to extreme and nearly impossible requirements. It will not go over well when 4 oddballs have been given basically "hobbiest" exemption. When exactly the dmv atty. added the blazer/trucks is important. I am guessing at the same time he included HD WLA, this would seem that he used information against the opposition given to the Chairman senator Holperin. Another case of sometimes it's better to "go quietly go farther" having your grievance used against you. The other issue is if this is blown open, the narc on you neighbor green fools will be out in force.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks