• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO transporting

jholler

I've learned a LOT about running WMO in my M1009 here, and am starting to pre-plan my setup. What I'm curious about is what do y'all use to actually go collect the oil in? I've heard mention of "cubies"...what are those? I remember seeing a cube-ish plastic container in a wire cage/frame somewhere...where does one get those?

scoutmanadam

when i go get used oil for my deuce, i use a "cube" container. I got mine from a local ag chemical supplier. i just went there and asked if they had any old ones around, and after a very, very, very good cleaning i had one. they charged me i thing 70 bucks for one with a 200 gallon capacity, with the wire frame outer structure. i would look there first

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A "cubie" is a 5 gallon container used to carry new or waste Veggie Oil in.

A "tote" is 250 gallon plastic container in a metal cage that is used to transport bulk liquids and chemicals.

I use 55 gallon plastic drums and a 12 volt pump to collect and haul oil back to the LZ.....I then transfer it to a 250 gallon tote for long term storage and to let all the crud and water settle out.

Once it has settled I pump off the top into 55 gallon plastic drums and mix it with diesel and gas to make my "Deuce Elixer".

It gets filtered each time I pump it from one container to another.

nk14zp

A "cubie" is a 5 gallon container used to carry new or waste Veggie Oil in.

A "tote" is 250 gallon plastic container in a metal cage that is used to transport bulk liquids and chemicals.

I use 55 gallon plastic drums and a 12 volt pump to collect and haul oil back to the LZ.....I then transfer it to a 250 gallon tote for long term storage and to let all the crud and water settle out.

Once it has settled I pump off the top into 55 gallon plastic drums and mix it with diesel and gas to make my "Deuce Elixer".

It gets filtered each time I pump it from one container to another.
What pump do you use wm?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks