• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO transporting

jholler

I've learned a LOT about running WMO in my M1009 here, and am starting to pre-plan my setup. What I'm curious about is what do y'all use to actually go collect the oil in? I've heard mention of "cubies"...what are those? I remember seeing a cube-ish plastic container in a wire cage/frame somewhere...where does one get those?

scoutmanadam

when i go get used oil for my deuce, i use a "cube" container. I got mine from a local ag chemical supplier. i just went there and asked if they had any old ones around, and after a very, very, very good cleaning i had one. they charged me i thing 70 bucks for one with a 200 gallon capacity, with the wire frame outer structure. i would look there first

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A "cubie" is a 5 gallon container used to carry new or waste Veggie Oil in.

A "tote" is 250 gallon plastic container in a metal cage that is used to transport bulk liquids and chemicals.

I use 55 gallon plastic drums and a 12 volt pump to collect and haul oil back to the LZ.....I then transfer it to a 250 gallon tote for long term storage and to let all the crud and water settle out.

Once it has settled I pump off the top into 55 gallon plastic drums and mix it with diesel and gas to make my "Deuce Elixer".

It gets filtered each time I pump it from one container to another.

nk14zp

A "cubie" is a 5 gallon container used to carry new or waste Veggie Oil in.

A "tote" is 250 gallon plastic container in a metal cage that is used to transport bulk liquids and chemicals.

I use 55 gallon plastic drums and a 12 volt pump to collect and haul oil back to the LZ.....I then transfer it to a 250 gallon tote for long term storage and to let all the crud and water settle out.

Once it has settled I pump off the top into 55 gallon plastic drums and mix it with diesel and gas to make my "Deuce Elixer".

It gets filtered each time I pump it from one container to another.
What pump do you use wm?