• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wolverine movie DOES NOT USE REAL HUMMERS!

Alex400

So there is one seen where Wolverine is being chased my the military and there are hummers, but they were not true hummers. I watched it last night and there, "there is something wrong here." they were hummer bodies mounted on what looked like chevy solid axle truck frames with leaf springs. They were wailing on these things pretty hard and seemed to act like they had more power than a normal one would. They probably did it for the sake of more readily available parts and so that they could more easily put a high horsepower motor in it.

It was a little let down. lol

IHASFIP

Sounds like a "Bummer". You know the fiberglass body you can put on a full size Chevy chassis?

D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Imagine the movie industry using something less than authentic vehicles!!!
It's kinda like the M43(M37 Ambulance) used in the movie Pearl Harbor. It sure did look good though!
I guess thats why folks that know MV's are always picking apart the movies. My wife hates it when I do that but heck...I enjoy it.:roll:

wdbtchr

I love NCIS, however in one episode there was a 5 ton cargo that had the M35 mushroom on a reducer mounted on the air cleaner. My wife hates it too when I pick movies apart, but it's so much fun!

Das Uber Soldat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone notice the knobby tire on the Harley? Looked like the style tires they put on the military Harleys. I notice stuff like that whenever I watch movies.

m376x6

I can't believe they didn't use real Humvees, I mean after all, the rest of the movie is so factual and complete reality. :wink: Now I don't know if I want to go see Star Trek, Transformers, or that other factual one, Angels & Demons. What is Hollywood thinking? I know what you are saying though, I can't help but critique every single military vehicle, quasi or real for every detail, including period correctness. I find myself driving me crazy sometimes. The vehicles distract me from watching the movie.

The movie was really good. I did'nt really like the last X-Men, too much crap, but this was well done, it explained a lot of how things got started. If you liked any of the three X-Men movies, you'll definitely like this one. It ends where a sequel is without a doubt in the works, but in this case, you'll look forward to it when it comes.

It certainly is a whole lot better than watching the most rediculous movie in a long time where the whole premise is having to watch some a$$ parade around the screen with a blue penus hanging out all the time. I was standing there ready to buy tickets for this POS movie when a fellow walked up and demanded his money back. I should have known right then to steer clear.

Regards,
M376X6

wdbtchr

Let not forget when indiana jones movies use MV that weren't around yet too.
Or ever existed like the WW! tank with the WW2 turret, where did that come from? I still like war movies I just have to curb my critizism of their
authenticism, especially when they llist a consultant and don't listen to him.

Pappa-G

I have read that in the original Star Wars movie the characters were fake. It was just a bunch of "actors" pretending to be Jedi Knights. :roll: Whats next, polititians looking out for themselves and not the good of the country?!

Numbers

They're Rhino Buggies...

Rhino Buggies - Hummer Replicas - H1 - Gold Coast Australia

Getting Started....
Simply throw away your Nissan Patrol body (or sell it for cash). Line up the pre-drilled holes and bolt on the Hammer replacement body to your chassis. All the mechanicals from your Nissan Patrol including the steering column, pedals, speedometer pod, sun visors, seats and wiring loom will be used when you build your Hammer. Your Hammer comes complete with a build manual, or you can purchase one if you want a thrilling read before you get started (go to accessories to order a manual).

Attachments

shannondeese

SOCOM has 9 HMMWV's that were converted to solid axle Dana 60's with Turbo 6.5 diesels installed. So in all actuality it could have been Spec Ops HMMWVs. But in reality I agree that it was most likely Bummers.

jjramrod

that was the best x men movie of all as far as it being real who cares the point was slicing through the entire side of the vehicle and real or not thats impressive

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kills me is some of the stupid stuff they do in movies when you know they had experts on staff that advise them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks