• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M1009!

colomil

It looks like I won a running driving M1009 from GL (Ft Carson, CO). This truck has some miles (94k) but it has new Goodyear MTR tires and other than a worn driver's seat, it is in great shape.

What do you figure this thing is worth?

Attachments

M1075

As it sits, I figure it is worth about what you paid for it, plus 10% buyer premium, of course. If you service it, get it running, get a title, etc. you should be able to get $2000-$3000 out of it.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Congratulations!

Out of boredom plus legendarily poor self-control, I threw down low-ball bids on six of them at Barstow. I think I won four of them. Aw, poo. ;)

Well, I hope I can get them running, serviced and titled, and sell three of them for enough to help pay for the fourth. Naw, that idea has never backfired on me before. :roll:

colomil

I have noticed that the winning bid prices have been lower out at Ft Carson lately. The M35 they had pulled in ~$2500 and it was in good shape/running which is a little below average for these at Ft Carson. They will have another batch of M1009's coming up for auction here shortly. Perhaps I will start my own fleet...

AJMBLAZER

Those look like Wranger AT/S's. Definitely not a MT/R.

CUCV Blazers generally don't get much more than $3000 in good shape. The condition is a plus but with fuel prices folks aren't as willing to pay a premium. Meanwhile the half ton drivetrain and lack of OD & creature comforts are a downside.

colomil

Yours is cooler

Okay your truck is much more cool than mine...

I have all kinds of 3/4-1 ton crap laying around so I might just swap some beefy axles under the blazer. I already have a spare M1009 for parts and a good HMMWV 6.2 engine so I just couldn't pass up a cheap M1009!

The wife will be p%ssed when she sees this latest piece of crap roll up in the yard...

pc3nmcb

It looks like a nice ride. We drove them all over in the seabees and I never had a complaint except the a/c thing. New tires save you money right from the get go.

Crash_AF

RE: Yours is cooler

Hey, I'm in CoSprings and have a couple of CUCVs... Including a Suburban that I'm turning into a CUCV clone... if you want to get rid of some of that 3/4-1T crap, let me know... LOL

Later,
Joe

colomil

RE: Yours is cooler

I have a few 14 bolt rears, one with 4.56 gears and a GM locker, one with 3.73 and open diff. They will need to be put back together... PM if interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks