• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M1009!

colomil

It looks like I won a running driving M1009 from GL (Ft Carson, CO). This truck has some miles (94k) but it has new Goodyear MTR tires and other than a worn driver's seat, it is in great shape.

What do you figure this thing is worth?

Attachments

M1075

As it sits, I figure it is worth about what you paid for it, plus 10% buyer premium, of course. If you service it, get it running, get a title, etc. you should be able to get $2000-$3000 out of it.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Congratulations!

Out of boredom plus legendarily poor self-control, I threw down low-ball bids on six of them at Barstow. I think I won four of them. Aw, poo. ;)

Well, I hope I can get them running, serviced and titled, and sell three of them for enough to help pay for the fourth. Naw, that idea has never backfired on me before. :roll:

colomil

I have noticed that the winning bid prices have been lower out at Ft Carson lately. The M35 they had pulled in ~$2500 and it was in good shape/running which is a little below average for these at Ft Carson. They will have another batch of M1009's coming up for auction here shortly. Perhaps I will start my own fleet...

AJMBLAZER

Those look like Wranger AT/S's. Definitely not a MT/R.

CUCV Blazers generally don't get much more than $3000 in good shape. The condition is a plus but with fuel prices folks aren't as willing to pay a premium. Meanwhile the half ton drivetrain and lack of OD & creature comforts are a downside.

colomil

Yours is cooler

Okay your truck is much more cool than mine...

I have all kinds of 3/4-1 ton crap laying around so I might just swap some beefy axles under the blazer. I already have a spare M1009 for parts and a good HMMWV 6.2 engine so I just couldn't pass up a cheap M1009!

The wife will be p%ssed when she sees this latest piece of crap roll up in the yard...

pc3nmcb

It looks like a nice ride. We drove them all over in the seabees and I never had a complaint except the a/c thing. New tires save you money right from the get go.

Crash_AF

RE: Yours is cooler

Hey, I'm in CoSprings and have a couple of CUCVs... Including a Suburban that I'm turning into a CUCV clone... if you want to get rid of some of that 3/4-1T crap, let me know... LOL

Later,
Joe

colomil

RE: Yours is cooler

I have a few 14 bolt rears, one with 4.56 gears and a GM locker, one with 3.73 and open diff. They will need to be put back together... PM if interested.