• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M101A3 yeah!

AK Westphal

Car hauler not a bad idea if you have it and know that it is road worthy. I did a recovery for three trailers three weeks ago. Not that it would have been possible to do it without the trailer, but even if it had been one trailer I'd have taken the car hauler. I had a 360 mile trip and a lot can go wrong with an unknown trailer over that kinda milage. To answer the often asked question yes an 101A2 fits inside a 105A2, but not if it has an A3 axle under it learned that the hard way and had to unload to switch trailers. If you ever go to pick up multiple trailers pull them all out together because there may be something you didn't notice that will dictate the way they need to be loaded.

My GL experience was awesome no broken taillights and that was because they were watching better then me, the only marks the trailers received were caused by me giving a bad signal to the operator and a dent I did unloading three trailers without equipement, actually I think the dent was from a chain tieing down top trailer. Kris and his operator in Anchorage are awesome helpful and friendly. Probably didn't hurt that I showed up early for my morning load out and brought a box of fat pill:)

Nice Trailer.

bigboy44

Good Deal! I saw some go for $900.00 plus a couple weeks ago. They have one on ebay for $1800.00 and it is worth it to someone that needs one but not me.

I had to go out of town Thursday so I put A bid on 4 of the A3 trailers and hoped for the best. After watching the ones the week before going for $900 and up to $1400 I was very doubtful I would win any of them. Checking the site late that evening, I was the winner of one trailer! I was shooked to find I got a almost new trailer with tarp and new spare for $297.00 out the door. The other trailers went for a little over $200, I call that a steal.

What size tires come on the A3, is the bed the same as the A2? I can't wait to get it!!!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the trailer! Nice deal. Hope you and your wife continue to share interest in MV and gettin a little "time away"! God's speed on the recovery.
God bless,
Tony:)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a killer deal, all said and done you have something to be proud of. I just saw an ad for the exact same trailer and it sold for $1,850.00 with a falt tire and a smashed (L) rear tail light. Have fun on the recovery, I always do...!

sixb

Got my paid invoice today.
They only do Tuesday and Thursday load out only so I guess I'll have to spend an extra day in Vegas:)

sixb

Well got it home with no problems, Vegas was fun to. The trailer appears to be in perfect shape with everything working like it should. The jack handle is bent but that's an easy fix. I also stopped in St George UT and picked up a tarp for 75.00 I found on our local classifieds. All in all it was a great trip.

Attachments

Nonotagain

Nice trailer for not much over minimum bid.

Now, before anyone else jumps you, the tarp is on backwards.

The flaps should be closed to the front.

sixb

Nice trailer for not much over minimum bid.

Now, before anyone else jumps you, the tarp is on backwards.

The flaps should be closed to the front.
I guess I don't understand, the thing is labeled front and back so I guess I just have the flaps going the wrong way which will let in water?

I see now, Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nonotagain

I guess I don't understand, the thing is labeled front and back so I guess I just have the flaps going the wrong way which will let in water?

I see now, Thanks.
Letting water in isn't a good thing, but more so allowing air to blow in while going down the road.

I had a friend have a tarp on their trailer blow off right in front of me. Exciting for a few seconds. My first thought was, oh sh*t, where the heck do I go now?

I replaced the tie down rope with rubber tubing. Much easier to open and close things up, plus it has some give in windy conditions.

Xerofall

By the way... I picked up my pintle hook and bar from State Trailer Supply on Redwood Rd. and about 3600 So. for around $77 bucks. Then got bolts from Home Depot for around $5. I also had to extend the safety chains a bit. Hit me up if you need any tips.

Attachments

sixb

I'll go one step further drgreg, I'll send the OP a set of composite lights for free if you pay the shipping via USPS priority. These would be one of the sets of lights I kept from having broke off my trailers.

DEAL?
So tell me more about these lights?
I still have the original set from my m101a1 that would work I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks