• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M85-100 today. Gary Caines, where are you

storeman

Thanks Gary.
Someone posted about the M85-100 and their experiences parting it out and I thought it was you. My error. So much for memory. When I searched, couldn't find the thread.
Jerry

bchauvette

WAY To Go!!! I picked up my M944A1 and laundry trailer from the same place. Drove the package home to Easley South Carolina. I'm going to hook the MEP 003 gen set To my house. I also need the power to supply the machine shop equipment that came with the M944I'm moving to the cellar . The Baptist association up the street from me have civilian disaster relief laundry units. I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done around that?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks Gary.
Someone posted about the M85-100 and their experiences parting it out and I thought it was you. My error. So much for memory. When I searched, couldn't find the thread.
Jerry
Pretty sure 3Dangus has parted one out. Might want to PM him.

storeman

Delivered today to my store. Generator cranked and started in place. 58 hours! Generator off and sitting on a small trailer in my back yard. Working tomorrow. Will remove from trailer Sunday and get some better shots. Big empty hole in laundry unit is where generator and water pump used to be. My Kubota maneuvered the trailer (15,600 lbs) beautifully. Man, that is a horse of a trailer! I can just see it hauling a couple 1,000 gallon tanks around the farmer's fields here.

Jerry :beer::beer:

tractor attachments 003.jpg
tractor attachments 005.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

storeman

Soon the unit on the left side of my genshed will be a MEP-003a and I'll have another functioning 002a for sale. (Likely before the Queen returns on Monday.)

Jerry :-D

storeman

Its a L3130. Got it used a month ago with 340 hours on it. Came with a Holmes tandem 16' equipment trailer (like new), 9 attachments (2 of which I have sold and 4 more to go). Bought a Woods 60"brush hog and 60" tiller and yesterday got the forks I used to remove the Genny. I absolutely love this tractor. Have drilled over 100 post holes in the past 2 weeks and stripped all the topsoil off my garden to make 6'x40' raised beds. Not exactly generator talk, but it is being put through it's paces in disassembling this laundry unit, as well as other tasks.

Jerry :driver:

Last edited:

Jimc

I use mine for everything. I would love to have the lifting power of an L but i have alot of brush hogging to do in fairly tight woods so i need to maneuver between trees. An L is too big. The b is great. Got a woods stump grinder for it too that is awesome to use. I love demolishing stumps into nothing. The tractor is the greatest tool
i ever bought. With 20 acres to maintain and all the landscaping on the property it has paid for itself 10 times over.

storeman

Yea verily. Only have 4 acres in 3 locations. Age and senility are my justifications. (Tractor is too big to forget and leave behind.)
The Queen's reaction to the very recent tractor purchase is very similar to the laundry unit purchase. I tell her I'll be 70 in October and this will extend my virility and usefullness for several years beyond my expected incapacitation. She is really enthused about that!
Jerry

Triple Jim

Isn't that funny... some spring stacks look like they were not meant to actually move. I have a few of those myself, and they don't move much.

storeman

Given the independent action of the axles, the trailer has some dump capability, assuming a power lift capability at the pintle (hitch on a larger tractor 3 point).

storeman

Hadn't thought of that. Great idea Jim. But then I'd have to get a deuce or 5 ton to pull it, wouldn't I?:burn: Wifey would burn my butt, I'm sure.

Jerry

Last edited:

Triple Jim

I guess you could have a mobile storage shed and move it around with your tractor until you get the deuce. Actually, I figured you already had a halfway big truck, but I don't know why I thought that.

If your wife is trying for your butt in your last post, she has terrible aim. :grin:

Nonotagain

The trailer, model M1061 is rated for hauling 5 tons. They're too heavy for most uses.

I parted out a laundry unit a few years back.

The washer door, casing and perforated tub are stainless steel.

The dryer, only the perforated tub is stainless.

Water heater provided its complete is worth selling.

Theres a small air compressor but it's 3 phase so of little use.

I scrapped the stainless for 50 cents a pound, sold the electric motors for the copper, as well as the main water line.

The rest was sold as scrap steel and aluminum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks