• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a mio31 today wi. Under 1100 miles

JUNKYARDJOHN

Won a M1031 today. Under 11,000 miles with a 12 KW gen. with 6 hours on the meter & compressor. Shop maintenance truck. Time to go thru the EUC thing & SF97 & hurry up & wait. Looks like this ones only about 225 miles away, so it's ROADTRIP with the car trailor. Didn't think I had a chance but won it with every dollar of my max bid. Ya never know. I got the green disease bad now. :beer: John ( TITLE SHOULD READ M1031 & 11,000 MILES )

Last edited:

JUNKYARDJOHN

looks nice. i saw this and liked the bucket seats
Yep.. me too. I broke my back about 35 years ago, & need bucket seats. All my trucks have em. I'm good for about 30 miles riding on a bench seat, unless it's one of those fancy sculpted seats. The buckets in these series of trucks aren't the most comfortable.. but they'll do. I'm stoked now. John :jumpin: (yep Wright Patterson..$2503.00)

Last edited:

brianrbull

JunkYardJohn...... This is just my humble opinion I would rethink swapping the axles from the Blazer onto the Contact Truck. The 4.56 ratio on the M1031 is about right for a load of heavy tools and such. if you are looking for highway speed I would recommend looking into a 700r4 or 4L8E tranny upgrade.... The 3.08 ratio in the Blazer just dosent have enough low end (In my opinion) What ever you do allow me to be the first to welcome you to the M1031 Contact Club!!!

JUNKYARDJOHN

Thanks. The M1009 already had the lift & big tires on it when I got it, with the stock 308 gears. definately a weak link.The 456s ought to push this bout right. I figure on putting the corp. 10 bolts under the M1031 & removing the box,gen.set & compressor & replacing it with a p.u. bed or a M105A2 trailor bed,(got it) pulling a few leaves out of the spring pack & not hauling alot of weight anyway. It'll see duty pulling my small light boat & hauling light stuff once in a while, but mostly just used as transportation. I've got an 82 civi. 1/2 ton 4x4 with a gas small block, 700R4 & 308s with over 500,000 miles on it , that I'm looking to replace. 6 or 7 months ago it was my newest vehical. My M1009 is a 84 & this M1031 is a 86. My dogs & trucks tend to die of old age. :? John

JUNKYARDJOHN

Just in case you didn't know, the rear driveshaft is in the bed.
It seems like they ALL are don't it??. It seems like if I bent 10 or 12 in a row with a hi-lo, a little light bulb would go off in my head, & like to think i would impliment something a little different. IF YOU ALWAYS DO.. WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID... YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT. It dont take no genius to figure that one. rofl John

JUNKYARDJOHN

It's a pto driven generator. These trucks have a np205 gear driven transfer case witch has a pto transmission bolted to the side of them for powering accessories like winches, generators, hyd. pumps ect. The air compressor is powered by electricity from the generator. I'll either pull the generator & swap it to someone for a 20,000 lbs pto winch, or just mount it on a skid & use it with my John Deere for aux. emergency power. At any rate I plan to remove the shelter & replace it with a bed of of a 105A2 1 1/2 ton trailor. It looks like it'll fit just fine, from the measurements with my trusty tape measure, but I don't have the truck here yet either. I'm waiting for my euc to clear with GL. This will be my third one in the last 6 months..... so just maybe???? WHO SAYS THIS HOBBY ISN'T ADDICTIVE?? rofl John

JUNKYARDJOHN

I love the rust-o-flage paint scheme! Great find!
I'm hoping it's just surface rust.... but I have a complete rust free clip off of an 85 parts truck just in case. Ya just gotta have them parts if you mess with these old trucks very much. For now I'll just be checking the GL. website twice a day for my euc to clear Battle Creek, so my recovery oddesy can begin. :-D John

camp9

It's a pto driven generator. These trucks have a np205 gear driven transfer case witch has a pto transmission bolted to the side of them for powering accessories like winches, generators, hyd. pumps ect. T John
Now that's something I could really put to use in the summer powering our irrigation system. Are all M1031 built this way??

Camp

JUNKYARDJOHN

Now that's something I could really put to use in the summer powering our irrigation system. Are all M1031 built this way??

Camp
Yes .. I think sortof.... meening they all came with a np205 t/c (for the pto abuility) & dana 60 limited slip in the front & 14 blt. corp. with det. lockers in the rear. The 1031 came from the general as cab & chasis trucks & the army put shelters on them to fit their application. This is a M1031-AG010 Shop maintenance contact truck. some M1031s were fitted with regular p/u beds & redesignated as M1028A1. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (it's happened before) :lol: John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks