• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a mio31 today wi. Under 1100 miles

67_C-30

Won a M1031 today. Under 11,000 miles with a 12 KW gen. with 6 hours on the meter & compressor. Shop maintenance truck. Time to go thru the EUC thing & SF97 & hurry up & wait. Looks like this ones only about 225 miles away, so it's ROADTRIP with the car trailor. Didn't think I had a chance but won it with every dollar of my max bid. Ya never know. I got the green disease bad now. :beer: John ( TITLE SHOULD READ M1031 & 11,000 MILES )
Couldn't stand it could ya John?? Great score! Nice to see you over here!;)

JUNKYARDJOHN

So when they list those truck in the GL auction, are they described as having a generator, or just a maintenance truck??

Camp
If they have generators installed in them, GL ussually states it in their ad. Some of them have been scavanged out of them before they reach GL & most of the GL representatives don't really seem to be overly knowlegable about the trucks that they're selling, but all M1031s came with a np205 t/c for pto previsions. A 12 kw pto driven generator seems like quite an insentive to me, not to mention the np205 is a cast iron housing, gear driven t/c compared to a np208 that is aluminum housed,& chain driven. The np208s are very good t/c s but I think the np205s are an upgrade for my uses. :smile: John

camp9

I can see this is a truck I'll have to watch for on the auctions, thanks for posting all about it. That drive shaft issue is a problem though in driving it home. What a pain.

Camp

JUNKYARDJOHN

I can see this is a truck I'll have to watch for on the auctions, thanks for posting all about it. That drive shaft issue is a problem though in driving it home. What a pain.

Camp
Yep.. it sure is.. but I'll haul it home on a car trailor anyway, & it'll give me the chance to inspect & go thru everything before I even try & drive down my driveway in it. My trucks hardly ever konk out on the side of the road. I don't text ,tweet, twitter or any of that stuff, heck I don't even own one of those cellular phones..... just a tool box. Shoot...I'm just an old mechanically inclined hillbilly that always seems to have more time than money, & work on my own junk.rofl John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks