• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first GL auction M1008 (FT Lewis)

ABN173

OK I just won my first M1008, this is a replacement for my M1009 I had to leave in Columbus/FT Benning due to my PCS to FT Lewis, WA. I won for $1900. Of course you gotta love the guys who jump in at the last hour and run the price up. hmmm I wonder if it was a real person or just GL running it up to my exact max bid???? Well I least I got it I really needed this one as my SUV went in the shop last week for bad injectors ($900 repair) and now its back in the shop for a possible crank arm issue......oy more$$$ Now I have to wait for the EUC to be approved.

Attachments

Last edited:

ralbelt

When I first bid on my M1008 I stopped bidding at 1900.00 then 2 months later it was back up for auction, I ended up saving about 800.00 second time around.

datsunaholic

Yeah, I bid a couple up to $1700 but then thought "Why am I doing that". It's the first time I've seen more than 2 CUCVs for sale at Ft Lewis at the same time. They've been pretty rare around here.

I really should have bought the one I was bidding on 2 years ago, when the prices were a more reasonable $1000-$1200. It had a light bar and was still green. But then I was trying to get them sub $1000. I can't see why a 25-year old 6.2L equipped truck would run that high on auction, but then again I got a bit too used to driving $100 cars.

Used to be the Blazer 1009s went for more money than the 1008s, but folks want the 1008's axles.

ABN173

Used to be the Blazer 1009s went for more money than the 1008s, but folks want the 1008's axles.
I actually wanted a M1009 but something about this 1008 when I screened it made me change my mind and bid on this one. Overall good 1st auction for me, I was the first to bid on it and my max bid amount won it!

ABN173

I was watching those too, I was surprised to see how many of them where up for auction.

Congrats on your win.
Thanks, I had heard they have not had many CUCV's in awhile..... regardless I am glad they had these! I was watching them all but this was the only one I was serious enough about to bid on. I can't wait to get EUC and pick it up.

-Dale

2deuce

I bid on a few too. and won a M1009. I don't think I bid on yours, and I didn't bid at the last minute. I didn't preview these so I'm in the dark at what I got. I'm afraid it's rusty. I sure hope not.

Greg

ABN173

I bid on a few too. and won a M1009. I don't think I bid on yours, and I didn't bid at the last minute. I didn't preview these so I'm in the dark at what I got. I'm afraid it's rusty. I sure hope not.

Greg
Greg, I am here at Lewis I would be glad to take pics or whatever just let me know. if it was the 1009 with the green passenger door its not as bad as the picture portrays it.

CW2 Dale Campbell

2deuce

Thanks Dale, I bought the only camo M1009. The camo hides everything pretty well ...in pictures especially. I looked and the only pickup I bid on was the one with the wood cap. Someone out bid me on it with a couple of minutes left. Since I got the M1009 I'm kinda glad they did. I'm just a bit nervious at what I got. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again,
Greg

ABN173

EUC at Battle Creek now, here are some more pics I took today. Just found out my primary vehicle needs a partial rebuild to the tune of $3,000 so the sooner I can pick up my cucv the better!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks