• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first trailer. M105A2

SteveKuhn

A weight-distributing hitch only goes so far on even-ing the game with a 105. It takes no time to put enough stuff in a 105 to have 2 tons pushing your truck. Braking, handling, having the trailer decide to take a path of its own all play into it. Stay under 1K payload and you'll probably be OK if you're real careful, leave lots of room, don't get cut off, and have the trailer riding level (not nose-down.)

You might be surprised at how quickly you have an investment nearly equal to a 101 when you start customizing the 105 properly with that surge brake. I'm real skeptical of having the 2nd connection on the front of the frame in both design and welding fees. Let alone having the 2 systems work properly and independently. That partially depends on whether you have the 1 or 2 air line model.

I've towed my stock 105s a fair amount with my E350. I always do so advisedly and with a tad of pucker factor.

Just sayin' . . .

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks