• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woodland on the M925a1

Cdub

After doing the research on the Woodland from the TM's and comparing that to what is painted on my Marine Corp. ISO cargo cover. I found that there were very slight differences. I would have to say that the Marine and Army woodland paint scheme are just about the same. Even from all the pictures I’ve saved. There are differences but basically follow the TM’s.

I've been working on doing the woodland on the five ton. I'm just looking to do the pattern on what I've done in the green so far. Which is about 75 percent. I tried using some spray cans in the black and the brown........but it just DIDN'T work out......!!! I found myself figuring out that the spray can thing was for the birds and went and ordered a gallon of the black and brown from Rapco. I even went out and got myself a little touch up spray gun. I used the touch up gun for some small parts and it worked out really well.

I don't think I'll go that route with masking off each of the patterns. I think I have the skills for doing a real nice job similar to the Military and I like the blending of the colors when doing it free hand. The patterns worked out really nice but the Spray Cans keep messing me up big time. I have more control with the touch up spray gun such as Air Pressure, Fan Width, and Amount of Material being sprayed........We'll see what happens. I’ve now wet sanded all that I've done on the woodland on the right side of the cab for the do over. Now I just need to touch up the green and make it nice like it was and get it ready for the Black and Brown again.............I hate doing stuff twice.....!!! Hahahaha......but if that's what’s going to keep me happy then I guess I must other wise I won't be able to stand myself......

So now.........

I'm ready for the green touch up again.....and just waiting for the shipment of black and brown gallons in the meantime.........

The paint came in and this was the results of my FIRST woodland paint job on a Five Ton Cargo……

When it was time for the rear tailgate, I noticed that I have the wrong end curtain on the back. That’s why you’ll see most of the cargo cover removed even in the front when I had to switch end curtains.

seya,

C’dub

Attachments

Cdub

RE: Awesome!

I had the TM in my hand and marked it out with chalk and sprayed it free hand..........I found that coloring in the printed out TM of each side helped it easy recognition of the patters quicker.

The touch up gun worked out very well. You can almost dial it down to a Air brush.

seya,

C'dub

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Splendid work C'dub, Sharlene looks fantastic!

The problem with the patterns in the manual is that the are for 14' beds, ours are 15' so it doesn't quite match up. Never have seen an official Marine Corps pattern for the ISO 813/900's and it seems more often than not the MC camo'ed the front, but left the bed green on both types. I always figured that on the camo painted beds the Marines did what you did and just extrapolated the book and tarp patterns to fit the truck.

Cheers

Cdub

Flea said:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a green-iron addict's wet dream.
Thank YOU Guys, This was a lot of PAIN staking HARD work to get to this point. I’m so happy to see the woodland come out as well as it did. I still have much work to do on the left / side cab, Hood and Front sides. At least this much is done so far. It took a few days to get the woodland done to this point.

Day 1 – Sprayed the Right / Side Cab with a spray can and messed it all up.
Day 2 – Wet sanded Right / Side Cab and re-sprayed the green areas.
Day 3 – Re-sprayed the woodland Right / Side Cab again with the touch up gun.
Day 4 – Sprayed the woodland on the Right / Side Bed
Day 5 – Sprayed the woodland on the Left / Side Bed and had to stop because of the rain.
Day 6 – Re-sprayed the woodland on the Left / Side Bed do to water spots from the rain
the night before and finished the brown and the Tail Gate.

I’m so glad I’m done with all of that………hahahahah…….

Now it’s time to move on to the Stencils. I don’t know if I’ll have time to do them before Gilbert………We’ll see what happens…

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Mostly all the help was from the Steel Soldiers and my good friend Art…….Thanks Guys.

C’dub

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is that the 50$ spray gun "kit" from Lowes?, cause that touch up gun looks like mine!

Excellent job on the paint!

Cdub

We always used the air valves at the gun in the body shop..........My boss wouldn't let us use any air tool unless it had a valve at the end of it........but with the spray guns it's the best way to regulate just the right amount of air pressure so as to reduce the over spray.

If you notice that I didn’t use a air coupler and I used a smaller 1/4” air hose at the end of the gun to reduce weight and have a better balance in the handling of the spray gun. The air regulator is a must for spraying.

seya,

C’dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks