• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woodland Paint Job Finished

zout

[thumbzup] nice looking paint job with the cans - I started some patterns on mine as well and it is much easier to stand back and freehand it all

wildbilly1760

Looks good! That is the same way I have been doing my paint job on my truck. 1 Rapco rattle can at a time. I want to also do the 3 color woodland. I have been scuff sanding the old 10 color camo(some carc some not) with a hand sponge sander. Then laying on the Gallespie. Seems to be working good. Some was done months ago with no peeling yet. Anyhow!!AWESOME TRUCK YOU HAVE!! thanks for your pics. Bill

PS have you done anything to your frame? that is where I can see using alot of paint.

tx399999

I printed out the pattern from the TB. I colored in the pattern which made it a lot easier when I was painting. Also I managed to get one of the canvas covers on my tailgate chain. I soaked it in water and it took about an hour to work it on, but it is a huge improvement. The old canvas was almost gone and the hooks always worked loose when I went off road. The new covers eliminates the rattle and keeps the hook in place.