• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WOOOHOO!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got my 1953 M62 wrecker titled today! I would like to take this oppertunity to thank everyone who helped out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a stuck 5 ton in the back yard.
I hope there are pics and a thread coming on this!

gimpyrobb

No mail order here! I walked in to the title agency, handed them my paperwork, they typed some stuff in the computer, and printed out my title! I have loved it. I've owned it since April, and have been fixing/playing with it since. Starter rebuild, powersteering pump replaced, MANY gallons of hydro fluid and a new hose for the boom has made it really usefull. Now I can drive it to other places to use it. :)

gimpyrobb

RE: Congratulations

Yeah, thats the way I went. It sucks that Ohio has changed their interpretation of the laws. Anything rated over 2000lbs payload is considered commercial, so now I have commercial historical plates.

gimpyrobb

RE: comercial historical ????

Dunno yet. When I got the m109 registered, it was the same deal. I have not been pulled over by anyone who didn't want to oogle the truck. Smooth sailing so far. I have not pulled into any weigh stations, and had anyone chase me. With the wrecker weighing so much, I might try to get the basic cdl. Thats it.