• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the M1078 LMTV

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you see any mpg improvement at that pressure? Isn't that higher than standard highway setting on CTIS?
I think the LMTV is 55psi highway but I've been wrong before. I like the higher psi as it keeps tire temps down. Cold max on these tires is 95psi so I'm well below that. Last mpg I calculated I was at about 6.7 and haven't bothered checking since.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok got it all reinstalled and working like it should. Thanks to Coffey1 and Andyrv6av8r for all the assistance.

My next problem is I went to start the deuce for it's monthly warm up and when I hit the power and the low air buzzer came on I had a swarm of wasps fly out from under the dash. It's amazing how fast an old fart with a busted knee can move when there's stinging insects involved :jumpin:

coachgeo

Ok got it all reinstalled and working like it should. Thanks to Coffey1 and Andyrv6av8r for all the assistance.

My next problem is I went to start the deuce for it's monthly warm up and when I hit the power and the low air buzzer came on I had a swarm of wasps fly out from under the dash. It's amazing how fast an old fart with a busted knee can move when there's stinging insects involved :jumpin:
yikes........ glad your ok after that dash. Wasp are no fun

Another Ahab

My next problem is I went to start the deuce for it's monthly warm up and when I hit the power and the low air buzzer came on I had a swarm of wasps fly out from under the dash. It's amazing how fast an old fart with a busted knee can move when there's stinging insects involved
Some people call that "Motivation".
Glad you came out of that alright without real trouble. :beer:

Last edited:

reloader64

Gotta be careful not to bust up the other knee.

Chief 601

Fan came appart

Commom fan blade I have seen them cheap on auction sites. I will look for the clutch part number.
Superman, I am with a Volunteer fire dept here in Okla. We use ours as a heavy brush truck and the fan came apart at the alum hub. I can find any part numbers and dont have the manual. Can you give me the "new style" fan pn and the same for the fan clutch?
You help would be so greatly appreciated.
Its been down foe over a month and Im running in circles.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Superman, I am with a Volunteer fire dept here in Okla. We use ours as a heavy brush truck and the fan came apart at the alum hub. I can find any part numbers and dont have the manual. Can you give me the "new style" fan pn and the same for the fan clutch?
You help would be so greatly appreciated.
Its been down foe over a month and Im running in circles.
Here's a pic with the fan clutch p/n.

I got my new fan blade off eBay but don't see any there currently. The parts TM (as well as all others) are available under the Technical Manual section at the top of the site page.

Last edited:

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have attached the related pages from the parts manual, you need item number 7 and fan clutch part number 1090-08000-01, I purchased both off of ebay last year.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have attached the related pages from the parts manual, you need item number 7 and fan clutch part number 1090-08000-01, I purchased both off of ebay last year.
Guess what I posted was the NSN not the p/n. The pic I posted was still attached to the fan clutch at an Army installation earlier this year.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a while since I posted anything here so thought I'd throw out an update.

Over Memorial Day Weekend we were in Ireland and had a tornado (well not technically a "tornado" as it didn't touch the ground) come over our place. It took half the ridge vent and about 5 rows of shingles off my shop, twisted 6 large oak trees in half, and took some pretty large limbs off a dozen other trees. I thought I had escaped pretty easy as it missed the house (although one of the trees came down within inches of it) and missed the M1078, the deuce, and my wife's pickup. About a week after we got back I was driving her truck and asked what the gunk on her windshield was and she thought it just needed washed. Turns out it was where a roofing shingle had landed face down on the glass and done a little swirl scratching it. I went back and checked the other trucks and, sure enough, the 1078 has the same swirling pattern on the windshield and a 6" patch on the nose of the truck. I still thought that wasn't too bad given the proximity of a "technically not a tornado" to the trucks. Today was the 1st time I've really had the LMTV out since then and I went to hit the windshield washer and discovered the wind also took off one of my wiper blades - of course the one right in front of the driver. Still not TOO bad but getting a little more aggravating.

Here's a pic of us waiting for the rest of the group for the parade to show up. It appears I missed the "Last Picture Show" and couldn't see "Forrest Gump" for the trees.

IMG_1600.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Here's a pic of us waiting for the rest of the group for the parade to show up. It appears I missed the "Last Picture Show" and couldn't see "Forrest Gump" for the trees.

View attachment 693513
Is that a Drive-In movie screen?!

I think there might still be at least one active drive-in theater left in VA.

I believe it might be out in Winchester or somewhere out that way.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad to hear damage was limited. That swirling wind action causing shingles to leave abrasions on the windshields is weird. Can the scratches be polished out?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad to hear damage was limited. That swirling wind action causing shingles to leave abrasions on the windshields is weird. Can the scratches be polished out?
Possibly. In both cases they're right of the driver's view so not a big issue other than a little annoying.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about your troubles and glad it was not worse.

In my parts selling days, meguiars had a glass polish that was popular.

Meguiars is a leader in the field.

Aernan

sound deadening install

Sorry about the confusing post. I thought it would post near where I saw this in the thread.

I saw some big rolls of sound deadening material. I would love to see some photos of where you are fitting it on the truck. Also any comments about how much it reduces noise.

Last edited: