• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working On The M561 Gama Goat

Keith_J

Wait. If you are Hannibal Smith, that would make me B A Baracus. I'm too white for that, fool.:driver:. And Andy is Face Man? We know who is Murdoch :whistle:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You want a teeny tiny little dataplate for it with the same info as your full-size one?

spot diameter of the laser is about .003" when focused. So it's got the resolution to do it, I think.
Thanks but I'm going to try and get a full set of data/info plates to replace all of them. Unfortunately the fellow who runs the site is laid up with a couple of broken legs at the moment. I'll make due until he can hobble around to his storage area.

As to the A-Team - this is way cooler than some silly panel van. Now if we could have the M1 they dropped from the plane in the movie I might go for that.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I guess when the blaster said "Friday" they didn't specify which Friday. It seemed they certainly implied today but I wasn't really expecting it would be done today. Oh well I was able to drop off the ammo can rack to be blasted too.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You want a teeny tiny little dataplate for it with the same info as your full-size one?

spot diameter of the laser is about .003" when focused. So it's got the resolution to do it, I think.
Now THAT I want to see! :)

Mark, he was talking about making teeny data plates for your model.

Cheers

Another Ahab

Well I guess when the blaster said "Friday" they didn't specify which Friday. It seemed they certainly implied today but I wasn't really expecting it would be done today. Oh well I was able to drop off the ammo can rack to be blasted too.
That sounds like contracting:

- A good contractor can drag out the response "two weeks" for close to a year if he's got the skill. :)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could spray paint a piece of tinfoil black and then laser it.
Worth a shot. The decal is 3/8" wide by just under 1/4" tall. You have the dimensions of the actual plate so between those numbers you should be able to scale it pretty close. Not sure my eyes will be good enough to place it without the use of the Hubbell Telescope though.

Here's something else that came in the mail today. It's a resin Stowage Kit for the M561 model. Has lots of extras like C-rat cases, ruck sacks, ammo cans, etc. This is the 1st thing of it's kind I've seen before and it's going to take a LOT of trimming with the Dremel to get the casting parts off of it. Some of them are bigger than the part itself.

001.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

UPS man brought 3 different packages. First 2 were Goat parts and the 3rd was a M561 model by Tamiya.
Here's something else that came in the mail today. It's a resin Stowage Kit for the M561 model. Has lots of extras like C-rat cases, ruck sacks, ammo cans, etc. This is the 1st thing of it's kind I've seen before and it's going to take a LOT of trimming with the Dremel to get the casting parts off of it. Some of them are bigger than the part itself.
Amazing to me that there is an aftermarket in accessory parts for scale models of the Gama Goat:

- Enough to justify a third party manufacturer to produce and package a "baggage" accessory kit.

That's pretty cool!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amazing to me that there is an aftermarket in accessory parts for scale models of the Gama Goat:

- Enough to justify a third party manufacturer to produce and package a "baggage" accessory kit.

That's pretty cool!
Tamiya also makes a M792 Ambulance kit too.

Another Ahab

That's pretty cool!
Tamiya also makes a M792 Ambulance kit too.
Oh I got it; maybe I was mistaken:

- I thought the accessory kit was by a third-party maufacturerer (looked like it was some operation called "Legend" by the packaging).

Makes more sense that it would be by Tamiya, of course.

goAT.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I got it; maybe I was mistaken:

- I thought the accessory kit was by a third-party maufacturerer (looked like it was some operation called "Legend" by the packaging).
The stowage kit is by a 3rd party (the reason there's so much crap to be trimmed). What I meant is that Tamiya also makes a seperate M792 Ambulance kit that is different than the M561 kit. They just introduced them a couple of years ago so it is pretty amazing that after market vendors have stuff out for them.

Keith_J

Ok, enough on play goats. Not to be out done, I got myself TWO goats. Unfortunately they are only 4x4 and don't have Detroit Diesels. But they have a taste for oak leaves, specifically Live Oak leaves which we have plenty of this time of year ( Live Oaks shed their leaves in the spring, keeping leaves throughout the winter). Six month old kids, already snipped. Wife wanted more pets, my friend had the pair which were orphaned by an irresponsible mother.

Another Ahab

Ok, enough on play goats. Not to be out done, I got myself TWO goats. Unfortunately they are only 4x4 and don't have Detroit Diesels. But they have a taste for oak leaves, specifically Live Oak leaves which we have plenty of this time of year ( Live Oaks shed their leaves in the spring, keeping leaves throughout the winter). Six month old kids, already snipped. Wife wanted more pets, my friend had the pair which were orphaned by an irresponsible mother.

BAAAAAH!

You wouldn't "kid" us, would you!?

kid.jpg

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to try and post the link to the YouTube page. One of the Tamiya big wigs is a member of a Japanese MV club and has a m792 goat. He fixed it up and used it as a static display at a toy convention when he released the model. There are also YouTube's of the goat in a jeep convoy as part of a club outing, then he and an amphibious jeep are giving rides on the lake. Really cool as you can see Mt. Fujiama in the background during the convoy.

Not it but neat gama goat diarama.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...2oPpRRHxNBB8ygb5g&sig2=3vD-WrNngW1k08OEvd6HNg

Last edited:

TexAndy

Good grief, how many animals do you have now?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks