• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would you pull a M101A3 with a 04 Nissan Xterra?

In the regard, you're the one claiming that your booty rigged set up is perfectly fine just because you've never had an accident with one.

Yeah, like no one has had an accident occur because of some jerry rigged hitch setup.
Nope, that's not what I claimed. I have said to be used the way the manufacture says it can be used in. Missed that part eh Einstein.

What you claim with Zero.zero ounce of evidence:
What is going to happen to a 12" plate with the pintle in the uppermost position if the tow vehicle impacts something at 30-40 or more MPH? That plate is going to fail, that's what.

we'll all wait while you back you claim up. Oh and post pictures to prove it.

Well, one of has had an accident due to operator error and a jerry rigged set up.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gentlemen, I think we have gotten off on a small pissing match. Can we return to our regularly scheduled program please.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to agree with Swiss. Both of you have made your points repeatedly. Good info can be gleaned from both of you. Now lets agree to disagree. If you can't resist, at least take the measuring to PMs.

zout

Da Ja VU - I was just reading through this thread again and came to the same conclusion - gets us nowhere pissin in the wind and telling folks they are full of BS couple posts back - great thread but can we keep it calmer.

I never thought to take pics years ago and store this for this specific day - but I have seen hitch failures - you never know the history of previous use but I know first hand metal fatigue due to unrated loads led to the accidents. Also
what add's is what type of terrain your running in @road conditons.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you recovry 4x4, and yes you can pull the M101A3 all day with your truck. Be safe in your loads and your setup and use common sense. Out of all my 3 trailers, M101, M105, M1101 by far the M101A2 is my most favorite trailer.

Stay tuned for my rebuild coming up some. Very cool stuff happening.

quickfarms

In my opinion the M101 trailer is the most practical military trailer for civilian use.

My preference is either an A3 running A2 tires or a straight A2. I prefer the A3 bed due to the reduced wheel wells but if you are off road the A2 is narrower.

By running the A2 tires you can use a minimal riser on the pintle hook to be close to level and still open the tailgate on my vehicles.

I see the surge brakes as an advantage that far out weighs their additional weight.

My advice is to service the surge brakes and wheel bearings and install military LED tail lights.

I also advise people to drive defensively and not rush. This can avoid most of the situations that get you in trouble. Plan your maneuvers.

My wife still cringes when I pick the kids up at school in the 15 ton. Some of the parents have a have a hard time driving through the parking lot with there SUV without hitting the curbs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion the M101 trailer is the most practical military trailer for civilian use.

My preference is either an A3 running A2 tires or a straight A2. I prefer the A3 bed due to the reduced wheel wells but if you are off road the A2 is narrower.

By running the A2 tires you can use a minimal riser on the pintle hook to be close to level and still open the tailgate on my vehicles.

I see the surge brakes as an advantage that far out weighs their additional weight.

My advice is to service the surge brakes and wheel bearings and install military LED tail lights.

I also advise people to drive defensively and not rush. This can avoid most of the situations that get you in trouble. Plan your maneuvers.

My wife still cringes when I pick the kids up at school in the 15 ton. Some of the parents have a have a hard time driving through the parking lot with there SUV without hitting the curbs.
This is exactly what I have. I've toted it around for years with the HMMWV rolling stock but finally stripped them off before the GA Rally. What was already a great trailer is even better now with the reduced deck height and the reduced rolling mass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks