• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would you toss these 395 ' s and get new ones?

I spent last Saturday mounting the tires to the rims, and attaching the adapter plates. It was uneventful and easier than I thought it was going to be, but still caused very sore legs on Sunday as I was by myself. There was a learning curve in finding the right tools and the perfect platform to work off of (a 30 gal oil drum.) I was also glad I bought new o-rings, because the 'new o-rings' the seller said they came with were pretty deformed. As a side note, most of the tires were made in 2011 and one says 2009.

Today, I got them mounted on the truck. Again, easier than I thought it would be, and very thankful for that. I found a flat shovel to be a big help to pry the tires up on the lugs. I haven't made any measurements, but I'm guessing the tires mounted on the mrap rims have a total wider stance of 6-8", maybe more, than the stock rims did. I think she looks a little more tough now.

Definitely a few bolts on these things. If you stare at it long enough, it'll make you dizzy. :wink:

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, what a pita, I remember mounting my tires on hemtt rims, you will be sore for a while.

Truck looks great though!