• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WOW, brush truck 45

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, not alot of fires going in to be able to put that much time into the truck. It may not be what we usually enjoy but they sure did a great job on it from what I see. If I were to win that at auction, I'd pretty much keep it as it is. The only thing I'd be looking to change is to scrap the aluminum diamond plate.

Danger Ranger

Suprisingly, the bumper is ok with me. I really hate the front grille though, that needs less colors and a better guard than the chrome. He put a lot of time into it, nicely done for the most part. Lose the flames too.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kind of like it. I wish more fire departments would do this.

After all, someone will get a pretty nice deuce 10-20 years in the future, that wouldn't be too hard to return to stock.

91W350

That is an insane amount of work. We have rural fire departments that run old deuces. They have stepped up some now, but back in the 60's and 70's, they could not maintain the minimum 40 mph speed on the Interstate. Heavily overloaded and miserably shy on brakes. The would run red lights and siren, I guess to help keep from being struck as normal traffic was doing twice their speed. Glen

rebel_raider

That is a nice looking truck. I would probably keep the diamond plate and chrome, but I would have to get the exhaust out from under the truck. A 6 inch chrome stack would look sweet on that rig.