• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wow I got one (M915A1)

WOW your EUC Cleared that fast on your first 1 ?? I have been waiting since Mid Sept on my first and was told 90 days, and still waiting ?? I have a 2nd 1 in now also for about 2 weeks ?? Wonder what i'm doing wrong ??? LOL

Yea, I'm surprised they cleared so fast! The only thing I can figure is I already
pass the Federal back ground check for my Haz-mat endorsment on my CDL,
(I have heard that that don't make any difference, but maybe it did in my case).
I dont know maybe I just got Lucky? Maybe I should go but that lottery ticket!

krall

wow one load out a month, ouch, I am glad more and more I passed on them.

I am still waiting on ECU but now looking to do the bolster trailer? any one else put a deuce bed on that ? I am thinking of it. any ideas.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow one load out a month, ouch, I am glad more and more I passed on them.

I am still waiting on ECU but now looking to do the bolster trailer? any one else put a deuce bed on that ? I am thinking of it. any ideas.

Yea MK17 bed with pindel and the working crane would be cool. Just need to run wet lines. Have been thinking about picking one up to pull behind the 920.
There was one in the classifieds but he took off the crane. Bad move should have left crane on it.

krall

ok I have delt with a few bases for pick up and all and I have always had to call them to schedule a pick up, heck I had the guy from richmond VA call ME today and say that the euc cleared and gave me directions and told me the load out dates? I thought this was great, never had someone call me about my stuff being ready. has anyone else had that? is it just that person? name was Michael

krall

OK great recovery on friday, all went well, now that I picked her up ofcourse I have some questions or more like request for
allocating some needed items, list to be below, first we got to richmond at like 1130 and avoided the welcome center lady, had
the nice one actually, went and found the truck and sprayed some ether in and 3 cranks later she started, ride up through was
long as we hit major traffic. put us back like 3 hours!! that was the suckiest part of the day! the truck ran like a champ.

ok now for the problems (please throw in your 2cents thanks)

I KNOW I HAVE NO PICS THEY WILL BE COMING LATER TODAY (hopefully)

front headlite assembly - the lite is there but the bezzle around it is not, (pic to come soon)

left rear dully locks up when braking, I like leaving my mark on the world but wow I left some nice black marks because of this

tach was in-pperable ( just a cable loose? )

ok there was one warning lite at the top (black buttons) top middle of pannel one is missing (IKONW A PIC IS NEED FOR THIS)

I know there was some more ............. oh yeah the bat charge gage was not working??? any sugestoins what to look for
I am on my first vehicle here so not got much practice yet so any input would be greatly appreciated,

any idea if the head light assembly for a 5 ton or deuce would work here as well?? same set up or totally different?

ok well there is my first run at it I am taking the camera and going to mess with it now so I will update later tonight.
:drool:

R Racing

Hey Krall,

is it the light on the right or left 1 ? The right 1 lights up when you have your heatligts or running lights on to show you were the washer and windsheild swithes are in the dark if its the 1 im thinking of.Did you come back 95 to 197 by fort AP hill ? or did you do 95 all the way ?

Jim

krall

Yes the light on the left is what I am talking about. That looks broken but just the front face is missing the light was on the hole way back. Only sucked when it got dark. Just put my phone ontop of it.

Just took the picks and will get them on shortly

krall

Yes the light on the left is what I am talking about. That looks broken but just the front face is missing the light was on the hole way back. Only sucked when it got dark. Just put my phone ontop of it.

Just took the picks and will get them on shortly

R Racing

Ok the left 1 is the windsheild whipper indicator. it comes on when you have your running lights or head lights on. Mine is missing its cover to so if you find 1 please pass it on.

Thank you
Jim

R Racing

I know on automatic cars and pickups you check th fluid when running so its pump thru the tourqe converter. I'll look in the manual and see what it says . A car when turned off shows way high. But will go to normal when running.

krall

Ok mabie that is it but when I opened it up and looked down the tube the fluid was literaly only half an inch down the tube. It read the hole way up the stick.

fasttruck

TM for 915a1 sez run engine and shift selector throguh gears wil brake on to fill clutches and then check with trans in neutral at idle on cold mark on stick for acurate readingTM 9-2320-283-10 p..2-51.

fasttruck

One of the warning lights on a 915 is not used as there is no front wheel drive. This works on a 916 or 920 etc, Charging system ? check with a multimeter at slave recepticle on front of battery box. Marks on street ? sounds like rear brakes are not adjusted evenly. This will require a box wrench and a hammer and a go at the slack adjusters at each wheel with the brakes released. The correct proceedure is described on page 3-920 of TM 9-2320-283-20-2.

R Racing

i have TM 9 2320-273-10 and it says on page 2-32 to check transmission fluid with oil warm engine off ? I would better agree with it running being a automatic but thats what my manual says?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks