• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wow I got one (M915A1)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
left rear dully locks up when braking, I like leaving my mark on the world but wow I left some nice black marks because of this

You really need to download the Tech Manuals and read how to adjust and check the brakes.

The Air bakes have to be adjusted to work properly and the air cans need to be checked and possible replaced.

Just because you only plan of driving it in parades is no excuse to not service the truck properly.

Air brakes are a completely differnt animal than the hydralics on the Deuces and 5-tons. That is why the Feds require an airbrake endorsement on CDLs

Here is a Commercial Manual that covers big trucks. Read the whole thing but pay attention to Section 5.

Attachments

krall

Thanks I will look at that. I am not trying to neglect the truck that is why I'm asking fir imput. I had no trubles on the highway on the trip home. It's when in town stoping at red lights and such it really started to act up. Thanks for the manuals guys

krall

did the brake adjustment and still locking up even gave it a little extra cushion so I am thinking its a little bit of rust in there some where but its not as bad as it was, kinda seems to be dulling down, now could it be that since I have no trailer back there it will react divverently since its with out weight, any one else have a locking up axle? or had it ocure?:neutral:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks