• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wow! What a truck!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, it is a 1967 JK M35A2 W/W with an LDT-465-1D. I've already ordered some PTO seals etc. from ODIron, what is up with those guys? Two weeks later I have no parts and no response to emails. I am almost ready to cancel the charge and go elsewhere.
OD Iron sells parts as a side business. Great guy but he has other things keeping him busy.

If you want fulltime sales, then you need to buy from Memphis Equipment, Boyce or one of the other big companies. And you will pay accordingly.

Welcome to the OD madness.

dikwks

OD Iron sells parts as a side business. Great guy but he has other things keeping him busy.

If you want fulltime sales, then you need to buy from Memphis Equipment, Boyce or one of the other big companies. And you will pay accordingly.

Welcome to the OD madness.
Thanks for that. I noticed the "pay accordingly" part. Guess I'll hang out a bit, see what happens.

dikwks

Holy Huge Muffler, Batman!

Welcome aboard!

It is a monster, but it will have to stay for awhile. I want to put the regular pipe on, but that will have to wait for some sound insulation which has to wait for some corrosion issues to be addressed which has to wait for some leak issues to be addressed and so on ad infinitum. Man, this is gonna hurt ... I'm so excited!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, it is a 1967 JK M35A2 W/W with an LDT-465-1D. I've already ordered some PTO seals etc. from ODIron, what is up with those guys? Two weeks later I have no parts and no response to emails. I am almost ready to cancel the charge and go elsewhere.

I'm in the same boat, I actually paid for 2 day delivery because I needed the parts quick.

I am still waiting after 9 days, but my credit card was billed on day one?

RichardR

That is indeed a very nice looking truck! As many other folks have already noted, you need another one to keep it company ... one to drive and one to work on. Welcome from Texas.:)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard friend. Another victim of MEDS (Military Equipment Deficiency Syndrome).

dikwks

Thanks everybody. As to getting another, I mentioned to my wife that the general consensus on the forum is that you gotta have several. Man, was that a sharp look! I'll be a bit on doing that as there is lots to do on my first until I've got it where I want it. Leaks,mechanicals and corrosion issues. Got a bunch of progress though, my welders are all back up and running, my blaster is working again, I scored two oil tanks for WMO storage and got a line on another with abt 100 gals of HHO. Got one source for WMO and am working on two more. All in all, not bad for being three weeks into this green adventure. Now if i could just get some cash together for stuff I still need and learn how to type, I'll be just fine. You know, I would need one more to get the first one out if it got stuck. Can you actually get one stuck?

Vintage iron

Hey Dikwks check out the Alt fuel section on this site. If you are going to store a bunch of WMO I recommend that you get metal shipping container to store the oil in. I would weld and seal a 6 inch lip across the doors, just in case something lets go. I am sure you will not watch your filter running all the time. **** happens, if it does you want to contain the mess. If you keep the conex box swept and clean, all you do is suck up the spill and filter it again. The other great thing about metal shipping containers is that they are fire proof and it keeps your house from smelling like a oil refinery! Welcome and watch out they multiply.

dikwks

Back ODIron, I disputed the charge yesterday. Hated to do it but after 3+ weeks and two emails without ANY response ... This will give them 2 days to respond, if they do, cool, if not, time to move on, I need the parts. Been staying busy getting my WMO system set up, picking up my first load today. 100 gallons of fuel oil and a tank. Yeehaw! Any body going to the MV show in Newport News VA this weekend?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back ODIron, I disputed the charge yesterday. Hated to do it but after 3+ weeks and two emails without ANY response ... This will give them 2 days to respond, if they do, cool, if not, time to move on, I need the parts. Been staying busy getting my WMO system set up, picking up my first load today. 100 gallons of fuel oil and a tank. Yeehaw! Any body going to the MV show in Newport News VA this weekend?
Dang, I had hoped he would send the parts. I'm in the same boat with an order.

Where did you get the email. There are no numbers or email addresses that I can find on the site. When I used the contact page, I hit continue but it doesn't do anything.

I've only been waiting 2+ weeks, but I paid for 2 day mail, so I have that going for me... which is nice. :)

It sounds like several people know him. Can someone try to contact him and see if he is okay? I really would like to avoid kicking someone when they are down, but my truck is down until I can get those parts.

treeguy

Don't worry about the noise being too loud in an uninsulated cab, for god sakes man, take off that muffler!

Oh, and by the way, that little trailer you have sitting there. You can bet ittl' be replaced with a green one soon enough! Welcome aboard!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks