• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker advice needed

joec

dirtyfingernails said:
Joec,
Thanks. That makes sense--so it's for towing a disabled vehicle, right? Thanks for going out in the cold to photograph it for me.
Steve

No problem it was easy to get to. You have any more pics of your bobbed Deuce.. That the one from Eastern Surplus?

joec

dirtyfingernails said:
Joec,
Here it is with duals and singles. I currently have it singled out. It brakes easier and quite frankly is more fun to drive that way. Dave bobbed it and I installed the M105 trailer bed and painted it. I also added the 1100s.
Steve

I love the truck. Yours and Sasquatchsanta are my favorite. Yours looks great looks like it came right of the assembly line !!!

Wich turbo.."D" or..a..." C"

As soon as i get my M543 project out of the way. I want to get 9.00 20 like yours. Or put big singles under and a "c" turbo. The M543 has a "c" and it is insane . It's the loudest whine i have heard yet. SOUNDS LIKE A JET TURBINE..tHIS ENGINE HAS MORE POWER THEN MY m35a2 Truck rolls pretty quick for it being about 4 tons heavier!! I have drove alot of military trucks. And am pretty impreesed with it. We took a 250 Cummins and put a turbo on it and made it like a 290. that truck Runs great. It was a 816 with 14.00 20's.

I was sreally surprised that napa carried alot of parts bye me for it. I serviced the deuce and am going to addjust valves this spring. Plus some other updates on it as well as new paint.

joec

73m819 said:
what was the 250 in and any pics of the tubo install
It was a m816 wrecker!

No Ron no pics that was 2 years ago i did thaT Pretty easy to do. Went to a truck salvage yard and got the Intake/ exhaust manifold and oil feed and return lines. New gaskets and off with the old and on with new. The turbo was checked for end play to make sure the bearings were ok. I think next time were just gonna put the 290 in. Alittle easier with the plumbing. The 290 had a single stage Jake brake in it already. Alittle more noise..lol

5tonpuller

The ones with out a title I would really look into to see IF you can get one for it in your state.
When you get one ( what ever one it be) ether you will pay now for it OR pay later to GET it. Kinda of a catch 22 thing.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're right, the Mack's are a hardier engine, take alot of abuse, and supposedly the M-54's with a Mack are worth a grand or so more, while the Cummins, well, its Cummins, working on a reputation from years ago, though its probably due to the EPA regs. But seems of late, all their recon parts etc, come out of Mexico and have a real quality control problem. The only thing worse would be a Cummins Marine Engine, turns to crap without being eaten first, know this from experience (my present job) and the Cummins distributor loves it. They're right about buying a complete unit too, I've got a 1952 M-62 International with a Continental R6602, gas engine, got it for the right price, so can afford to play with it, and its a hobby for me, the search for the parts is the fun of it, but it can soak up alot if you're not careful. Mine was WELL USED by a previous owner, and had no kit. But believe it, the wife approved of the purchase when I told her that the AAA Plus wouldn't pay for hauling the M-54 or the 1942 CCW GMC 5 ton home because they have duals and do not fit a roll back. (but supposedly they will haul my 725's, havn't tested THAT theory yet though)

Crash_AF

Well, I do understand the pay now or pay later rule... I can buy a $15k truck outright or buy a $5k truck and put $10k or more (plus labor) into it.

Trying to get more information on the Mack powered one now... hoping to get some more details soon.

I'll post another thread to debate the Mack v Cummins power.

Later,
Joe

houdel

hpgtowing said:
I have a M816 on a Mack M125 ten ton chassis.. it's a real beast.. I was asking $25,000 but I will take $20,000.00 This machine has lots of new parts... Thanks.. Steve (201) 522-4936
Steve HAD a Mack 125 with a M816 body on it - its MINE now! Or will be in a few more days when it gets out here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks