• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker arrives

123mack

Thanks for all the kind words. I reference to the torch tanks brought up by area52, I checked the NSNs for them listed in the -10 for 800 series trucks. A nsn search shows that the acetylene tank has a capacity of 225 cuft and the oxygen is 250 cuft. Keep in mind these are nominal values and will vary according to manufacturer. These sizes can be found at most welding supply stores. Another good place to look would be auctions for shops and factories that have closed. One thing I have thought about is try to find decomissioned tanks just for display.

Green_gator

There is a more or less complete body of one of these at a shop between Pahokee and Canal Point out in Western Palm Beach County. The shop owner buys deuces and five tons and sells them to farmers. Not sure what all he has that goes with the truck but can get you contact information if you are interested.