• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker- Original paint

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is time to start restoration on the M543A2 built in 1966, what was it's original color. hopefully a simigloss and I am assuming white letters and stars? Anyone have any photos of the wrecker in Vietnam or Europe?
Thanks,
James G.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
VTTRUCKER (JEFF i think) should be able help you on the color, he is into the vietnam truck

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
In two months a new issue of MVM will be out - and it will have the photos you ask for.

If you are gonna be painting before then - drop me a PM.

Regards,
David

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I 1966 Army vehicle would have been painted FS595A 24087. As discussed at length in other threads, this is NOT the same color as the current FS - FS595B 24087. Closest I've found in FS595B is 24084. Sencilling is in white - and there is a lot of stencilling on a wrecker. When I painted my M62 a few years ago the paint masks were nearly $500.00.

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 Months David? Maybe I should be expecting one here soon?I can never keep track of when they are due!

vtdeucedriver

Jim,
did not get your e mail about the wrecker............send to vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com

I have a BUNCH of pics of wreckers in Vietnam.........I got in good with a bunch of motor pool guys and a few of the 5th maint BN. Hope you dont mind them with the yellow nose...........lol

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff:
I used the email address above and my email came back undeliverable? I will try again.
As for the lettering on a wrecker, what size is most of it, I have a 1/2 and one inch stenciler, I just need to find some oil board to start practicing on!
James G.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The wrecker stencilling is shown in a lot of detail in the TB-746-etc, etc....which I think is available for download on this site.

DD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks