• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker- Original paint

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is time to start restoration on the M543A2 built in 1966, what was it's original color. hopefully a simigloss and I am assuming white letters and stars? Anyone have any photos of the wrecker in Vietnam or Europe?
Thanks,
James G.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
VTTRUCKER (JEFF i think) should be able help you on the color, he is into the vietnam truck

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
In two months a new issue of MVM will be out - and it will have the photos you ask for.

If you are gonna be painting before then - drop me a PM.

Regards,
David

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I 1966 Army vehicle would have been painted FS595A 24087. As discussed at length in other threads, this is NOT the same color as the current FS - FS595B 24087. Closest I've found in FS595B is 24084. Sencilling is in white - and there is a lot of stencilling on a wrecker. When I painted my M62 a few years ago the paint masks were nearly $500.00.

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 Months David? Maybe I should be expecting one here soon?I can never keep track of when they are due!

vtdeucedriver

Jim,
did not get your e mail about the wrecker............send to vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com

I have a BUNCH of pics of wreckers in Vietnam.........I got in good with a bunch of motor pool guys and a few of the 5th maint BN. Hope you dont mind them with the yellow nose...........lol

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff:
I used the email address above and my email came back undeliverable? I will try again.
As for the lettering on a wrecker, what size is most of it, I have a 1/2 and one inch stenciler, I just need to find some oil board to start practicing on!
James G.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The wrecker stencilling is shown in a lot of detail in the TB-746-etc, etc....which I think is available for download on this site.

DD