• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker tow

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tims and Erdwins excellent adventure. me and nephew are going on a jouney to miss and bring out a M816 . everyone give us a prayer for a good trip with fair driving weather. and no breakdown troubles. ill be leaving around 6 in the morning and hope to be back at the home shop mid afternoon if all goes well. i have plenty of batteries and will take many pics during our fun adventure. Tim

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck Tim :beer:

M1075

M816 + M816 normally = Slow travel, especially up hills. Hopefully the 1600s will give you the road speed you want. Good luck!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man did we have a blast. yes the hills were killers. but thank GOD we only had a dozen or sl. passed the scales and didnt look there way. my wrecker picked up the other wrecker with no trouble. had my saftey chains on and temp lights as well. glad hands on but i dont think the other truck had brakes as i didnt feel much back there. i had one tire blow haft way bach . heard the noise , stopped, didnt see anything. after i got it home its flat and just started to unraved. this wrecker is missing a lot of parts so ill be on the lookout for some goods used ones. i took many pics and ill post them here later tonight or first thing in the moring. our adventure has ended but we will remember it far a lonnnnnng time. thanks for your suport fellows wait till you see the pics. Tim

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Glad you made it home okay.

madsam

Glad you made it back.. Especiely because it is my wrecker.. Thanks for getting it running for me.

madsam

what

CCATLETT1984- what is that pic on your signature about. Maybe a terrorest burning himself up?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: what

Glad the trip when well. I'm like a little kid on the way to the fair. Once I know I'm going, I just can't wait. Where da pics?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter

last pic had me with it lifted. but that didnt work well. i had to move lift point right over bumper with no bridle type hoodup. had the super nice 3/4 chains centered in the middle and that let me steer my truck great. the hills were hard but afterward cruised with only one blow out. glad i have those chains...

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter

my buddy and nephew Erwin. he had a blast. told him early in the week about a adventure. he couldnt wait till sat. he wanted to ride and ride. but i was tired. used one whole large tank of fuel. dont know how many gals but it drank it on the return trip. had everyone smilling with the slogan on the side red neck road crew. i didnt see that till i got home LOL

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks