• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's diabolic hitch conversion invention

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a slide in raised pintle hitch and magnetic lights you can borrow if you need them. I'll be in Rockmart, GA Sunday night and be there about a week and will have them with. :wink:

ONTOS66

If anyone has one of these that they aren't going to turn in to scrap, I have a full set of the manuals for this rig in .pdf. If there is any interest I'll post them to the reference section.

I'd like a running one, but my driveway is full ... may have to move in the near future.

:)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hitch

wrecker,
how about something like this, the mount has extra holes so the pentle can be raised, the pentle is a combo rated at about 10000 lbs., i have pulled many a heavy air compresser, trailers, ect. with it over the years, i just move it from truck to truck (it was last on my f350)

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thanks for all the tips and offers.
I went by the yard on the way in from Benning and the trailers are still there.
I'm going to make an offer to take all of them at once.
My design should serve me for the near future.
Freighttrain is off Friday and we can move three at a time (two in the bed and one towed) with his duece and I can pull one.
We can move them all in two lifts.
I may hold off on scrapping the two best ones in case someone wants a complete one to take to shows.
I'll post pics of the move and the trailers when I get them to my area.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well.....I got everything hooked today and connected the trailer to the F-150.
I went on a very short shake down run.
It pulled good but there was a lot of bump, bump, bump, which I assume is from flat spots on the tires.
Tomorrow I will put the engine on the trailer and load up a bunch of my excess military gear and hit the flea marker at dark thirty Sat. morning.
I cranked the engine today and it ran good. Sounded like an old VW. If I don't sell it I have some very strange ideas about powering a home made buggy.
I'll try to remember to take the digital camera to the flea marker and make some photos.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OK....one more post and I'll quit :deadhorse:

I pulled the M105 trailer to the flea market last Sat. and tried to peddle it and the engine and genny set up.

I got no takers but I met a lot of people intersted in MV's including the owner of a M37 who was in the dark about parts. I quickly turned him onto SS.

When I got back I decided to seperated the engine from the rest of the stuff to save space. I cut off part of the aluminum frame that the engins sits on and it prob weighs 40 pounds. KA CHING KA CHING....mo money from the scrap man.

There are a lot of cables and small boxes that might be of interest to the faithful.

If you see something you are intested in PM me and we'll talk. I'll trade for anything that don't eat.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Oops. More pics.

I have a few more pics of the genny and control boxes but I forgot to resize them.

If anyone wants a closer look I'll PM to you.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks