• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's Spring Fling

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I need the air control valve for the Deuce air wipers-this is the older style, all metal, where you turn the knob all the way in/out to open/shut the valve-NOT the newer style with a plastic knob.

I also need a known good 3053A Deuce OD 5speed.

I think Dawn needs a passenger side west coast mirror and mounting brackets for one of her deuces.

Anyone have that stuff? A couple of fiberglass deuce headboards (one standard, one dropside) would be nice too. :)

zout

Pulled off a list of camping areas in the vicinity up there to spend the weekend at after the run. My wife is excited to go and try them out even though they are not fully functional.:jumpin:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Clinto......I have some brand new mirrors and used brackets.....ya'll are welcome to search through the pile of stuff.

May have the W/W control knob.

I need a transfer case....maybe we can trade on some stuff.

If anybody needs deuce or 5 ton spare tires or rims I have a butt load that need a home. Rims with bad tires are free....others are sale/trade.

I also have a good deuce/5 ton cab tub with good doors and side glass.

Other items include deuce OVM boxes and battery box covers and misc other parts.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
James.....I was going to call you.....your fuel tank is in the "back forty" with all the other OD goodies.

If you want to stop by Friday afternoon before you go the to parK give me a call and I'll give you exact directions to the new LZ.

AM General is coming to get the M915 and will be there.

zout

Did some looking around on the web and with the aide and input from the other 1/2 - staying Sat night at the DeSoto State Park in the canyon area - really looks like a great place and we are all looking forward to the run.

jrou111

James.....I was going to call you.....your fuel tank is in the "back forty" with all the other OD goodies.

If you want to stop by Friday afternoon before you go the to parK give me a call and I'll give you exact directions to the new LZ.

AM General is coming to get the M915 and will be there.
I won't be getting up there until late. Can I just get it on Sat when we're there for lunch?

1crook

I will be bringing a transfer case (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=3746) to the rally in case anyone is interested in buying one and would like to save on shipping. I will be bringing some of the NOS Deuce (M35, M109, etc.) Tan Vinyl Cab covers (New M35 M813 M818 M109 (M44, M809, M39) Vinyl cab top - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite). I will also be bringing some military surplus fire extinguisher brackets (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=4036). They make great welding tank holders as well.

rod

Myself and maybe one other will meet ya'll at WM's place. I have a wedding to make at 4pm in Talladega so I will have to leave around 1pm.

I am bringing Derek's 105 Trailer that I picked up in Mobile last week from Tim.

TaylorTradingCo

Rod,

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more. Thank you very much for picking up my trailer at Mobile and brining it up for me. If you ever need any Deuce parts, just let me know and I will make you a good deal.

Derek Taylor

rod

I was only able to attend for an hour or so, but it looked like all were having a good time looking and talking OD. I even got to talk to Mrs Wreckerman who gave me the inside "Poop & Scoop" story on Wreckerman and his OD.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well......I am happy to report that the Spring Fling was a rousing success.

The convoy folks met at the appointed spot and after a meet and greet we rolled out to view the scenery and decend the back road off the mountain.

We stopped at a scenic overlook and I forgot to snap pics but I'm sure someone that took some will post.

After the photo opp we made our way down the twisty, windy road and then on to my LZ.

After some gladhanding with the folks that didn't convoy with us we dived into the chow......many thanks to the folks that brought goodies to share.

Once lunch was over the flea market opened for business and horse trading was rampant among the OD addicts.

I got some stuff I needed and got rid of some I didn't and I hope others did too.

Mr Murphy was absent and we were glad.

Thanks to all those that attended in person and in spirit.

I don't know if this will be an annual event or not......if so everyone is welcome next year.

Here are a few pics I took when I remembered I had a camera in my pocket.

Attachments

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman,
Many thanks for the invite, we had a great time, good company, and no broke parts. We appreciate the hospitality, please tehh the Mrs thank you also.

I you plan another, please keep up posted. Lets hot some of the forest service roads in you area that would be fun also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks