• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wsucougarx's M923 acquisition

wsucougarx

Lightweight Weapon Station LWS

Remind me again what LWS is? Congrats, it looks like a good one. Keep us posted on it so I can watch another awesome build from you!
Hi DR how you doing man? The LWS (Lightweight Weapon Station) is a weapon platform found on the HMMWV's, M939 series 5 tons, and MTVR's to name a few. Rather than go into further details, heres a few pics I have saved over the past couple months;).

Attachments

Danger Ranger

That sounds better than putting on a long wheel base hahaha. Should be fun. It will look awesome too. Are you going to mount anything on it?

Im doin just peachy, sittin at home, on SS and my Jeep forum, and reading sweet threads like this. Hope you are doing good working on trucks and hanging with the family.

Merry Christmas to all.

wsucougarx

Alright DR, you convinced me to do a M925A1 thread bro. I wasn't going to do one but if it helps one person out then it makes it worthwhile;-). Thanks for the feedback on this thread I appreciate it guys!

Amer-team

Mike, safety tip - watch the tailgates on the 5 tons. I tried mine on the shoulder today, unexpectedly! Arm is sore this evening and am wondering if it will move in the morning. Other than that, I installed one of the tailgate steps on the front bumper to be able to get to the hood a little easier, today. I was parked on a very gentle incline. Unhooked the tailgate and got distracted, turned left face, and wham.
Once again great looking truck.

wsucougarx

Yikes Peter! Glad you're OK. Better it got your shoulder rather than your head. Those tailgates have some metal on them. Those bumper steps are an absolute must. Especially for us older folk. Seems my trucks are getting taller and taller everytime I have to crawl up there;-). Other than my truck purchase, I've had to put parts on hold in order to secure a scary black stick that goes boom boom. Figure I ought to join the masses and panic buy.

Amer-team

It is funny about those sticks that we have gone from protecting ourselves against a tyrannical government to only needing 5 rounds to hunt with. Guess I need to make another trip to Brad's. Looks like I have a broken hood hinge. And it looks like the spring loaded keeper bolt on the exaust stack is making a lot of squeaking noises when going down the road.

wsucougarx

Hi Peter! I saw the same truck around 1110 hours in the Nisqually Valley while enroute to JBLM. I picked up my truck and was on the road by 1300 hrs. Everything went outstanding. Going to start another build soon;-). The "new" truck has a few more issues to troubleshoot:)

Amer-team

Were you able to drive it home or was it a tow? Neat truck, that is what I will be looking for next, I think. Just have to figure out where to park it. :) And I guess, which house I will live at after my wife gives me the boot.

wsucougarx

I drove her home. She's a strong runner. The fuel was definitely turned up. She was pulling hills at 50 mph easy. When I pulled into the driveway my wife asked me what I was going to do with this truck. I just smiled.

Amer-team

Mike, you are lucky man. Your wife seems to be much more benevolent on this stuff than mine. One thing nice about the smaller vehicles is you can tuck one in and no one notices and extra.

wsucougarx

WA State Collector Vehicle Plates!

After I got home from my M925A1, I marched straight down to our County Office and got my M923 plated. I've been waiting for this day since I brought the truck home. I had to wait for him to turn 30 years old to qualify for Collector Plates. My total out of pocket was $229.75 Total for the life of the truck. Not too shabby;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks