• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW2 M26a1 tank retriever/transporter ???

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: That drive might take awhile , lets see 45 MPH , DOWN HILL ! better start before the SNOW BLOWS !!!!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
28 MPH ! , better start soon ! Fuel might be a problem , wonder what my credit limit is ?

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M26s and M26A1s have some awesome acceleration abilities... Saw a video of one accelerating at 32 ft/s^2, but that was after it was pushed off a cliff.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is a reveling commentary on our membership! Yes, and now I no longer feel alone when I do the crazy things with my vehicles, like at the car shows suspending an inert 155MM round from the bomb crane and posting a sign: DANGER, NO SMOKING NEAR THIS "

BigDawg41

Unfortunately not officially yet. The owners have had a couple of family hardships recently and didn't want to deal with it yet. So she sits outside buried in the snow for now.

Another Ahab

Unfortunately not officially yet. The owners have had a couple of family hardships recently and didn't want to deal with it yet. So she sits outside buried in the snow for now.
Joining Wolfen on this. Sorry to hear about the hardship for the family, and hoping the situation improves.

Please let them know we're pulling for them. Love to see that monster go to a good home, when it's appropriate.

rustystud

I have worked on these riggs. I used to work for Ben's Truck Parts in Seattle. They had military surplus from WW1 . I used to rebuild all the transmissions and differentials. The company had two of these trucks. The sad part is I had to dismantle both of them :( . The winches sold really fast, but the main bodies did not. I almost bought one, wished I did now. The engines where beasts with dual spark plugs for redundancy. One on each side of the block. The chain drives where a pain in the butt to work on though and extremely heavy ! The one you have here has that hoist thing added though. Not original. The ones I worked on had 50 cal. mounted on the roof . It also was a hard top. I had asked my father if I could store it at his home since I had no place to keep one. He thought I was crazy for even considering buying one. The things we let slip away from us ! I'll try and post some pictures I took of it. Sadly most of my old photos are fading real bad, and I don't know why.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is a m26a1, ALL a1s were soft skin, they found that the HEAVY armored cab of the a0 was to heavy for the front axle, leading to failure, the frame on the back is original equipment, when not in use, it folded flat on the frame around the fifth wheel, when in use, the truck became a heavy recovery vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks