• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW2 Scout Car on Pawn Stars

owensexport

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys know this show is all Hollywood right???
They just happen to shoot it in Las Vegas.
The suckers born every minute are the ones who watch a
show like this and think anything in it is reality.:p

dozer1

The next thing you know, someone will say that the zombie apocalypse is all just fake and will never really happen. Then all of this prep work we have been doing would be in vain:shock:

tractor

If you didn't notice the link on the last page David Wang the Expert owns it and has owned it a while. The guy selling it was an actor. This show is fake if you haven't figured it out they take intresting items and show them off and pretend to buy them. I had a friend they wanted to sell one of his tanks real cheap to them so they could claim they own one on the show.

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is all about TV ratings, drama, having fun, at the end of the day "MONEY". Looks like it got the blood flowing on this site. general public loves the show. The producers in New York can care less about our hobby.

flighht2k5

Banned
You guys know this show is all Hollywood right???
They just happen to shoot it in Las Vegas.
The suckers born every minute are the ones who watch a
show like this and think anything in it is reality.:p
It's a real pawn shop that you can actually purchase stuff at. It has been there for a Long time. I remember seeing it back in te 90's. It just on tv now.

tractor

It is a real shop but the show is fake. Rick came up with the idea for it with real customers and ran on local tv station. They brought it to History and needed bigger and better stuff so they went searching for items like that Scout Car to rent or tell the owners of ads on the internet bring it over and we will give you free advertisement to millions of viewers and pay you an appearance fee

dozer1

Here is a link to an interview done with Rick Harrison by entertainment weekly back in June '10. 'Pawn Stars': Rick Harrison talks about cable's most unlikely hit! | PopWatch | EW.com After reading it, you would have to believe the shop is real, ect. but I am sure they spike it with better historical items for the shows ratings. It only makes sense. Now I have heard that when people go visit the pawnshop, that the old man, rick, corey, chumley, are never there. With their new found celebrity status that is understandable. Is there any SS members from that area that used to visit the pawnshop before the show? Were those guys there just doing normal pawnshop business say 3-4-5 years a go? I appologize for this not being specifically about the scout car.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pawn stars, Sons of guns, and Dirty Jobs are my guilty pleasure shows on history/discover. I've always thought there was skulduggery happening behind the scenes. But I just watch them for the entertainment value, not the factual aspect.