• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 ??? Identify

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it was specifically designed for the truck and has a 1:1 ratio. The small increment 6-speed Allison eliminated the need for a separate "LO" transmission ratio.
I can give you all the specifics if needed and may even have a lead to one if/when you get to that point....

MartinB

One of these trucks is located in Bald Knob, Arkansas. About 1/2 mile east of route 67 / 167 on highway 64 just off of a side road at a plastics estrusion company. It has a Ford truck cab and front clip on it. It does run.

sermis

Man I really want this truck. It is even more appealing with it all together.
My problem is I know I would not keep it original. I think this one needs to be done right.

Attachments

sermis

No, I is local here. Only about 10 miles from me. Man it has been calling me ever since I first posted it up.

Plan right now is that Craintruck get it.

sermis

If Bjorn backs out for some reason I will have to convince the wife I really need it, want it, must have it,.............

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sermis,

Ride out to Kempner (on the other side of Hood). There is a guy there that had 10-12 GOERs, 1 of which was a wrecker. Sammy Kude is his name.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GOERS at Sammy's have light demil cuts, but are complete. They have been sitting there for at least 20 years now, and are getting really rusty.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you think about it, most of our trucks have been sitting around since the day they were made. I spent some hours climbing on Sammy's GOERs... The wrecker one was neat. Good thing is that if you buy a few, you'll have plenty of parts to make a good one or so.

sermis

Well it looks like this truck is back on the market as Cranetruck's deal fell through unless someone want to help him get it. I want to see someone get it so it does not get scraped. Wife / me will not allow that much money in a project at this time. Last time I talked to the guy that owns it he was still at $1,800. I will help recover and store if someone wants it.

sermis

Wish I could help with some $$$ but had to put AC in the house.
I can help recover and store but that is about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks