• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When Ian first said they were going to paint the truck black and silver, I thought "oh no". To tell the truth, it didn't look half bad after they sprayed it though.

Overall I like it. There are a few things I'd have done different but oh well. He even addressed my comments about the extra 12v compressors for the bags.

Seth_O

This is killing me! I've been waiting for this episode since the weekend after the 2nd installment aired, and now that it's finally showing I am out of the country. Argh!

Flat Black

You can watch most of the old episodes on their website for free:

Xtreme 4x4 Episodes

they are also available on iTunes.

What comes on Saturday is usually repeated on Sunday

Ian, truck turned out good, but you should have put it through its paces more. These trucks are very capable and you just drove down dirt roads with it. (need pirate flipoff2) What are you going to do with it now?

Also Courtney and the announcer both said "5 TON" military truck. (boooo hisss) She gets a pass because she is smokin hot, the announcer and proof reader do not.

Jon

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job Ian. My only change would have been to actually follow the military camo pattern for the silver instead of striping but the truck looked great. I liked the 4-link and air bags and the explanation as to why a separate air system was good and should quiet complaints.

You were having just a little too much fun when you started it with the new exhaust. No wait, there is no such thing as too much fun in a Deuce.

Great show and job on the truck.

I want it as my daily driver!!

sw

scootertrs

Ian, my hat is off to you. You and your crew did an awesome job. If I wasn't so into my fire truck, your mods would definitely be considered... as it is, ... besides the M35 fire truck, I also have an 818... HMMM... a 5 ton car hauler.... Ouch! (I just hit myself on the side of the head) Down boy... Either way, a terrific job and sweet to look at (and am sure to ride)... btw, some of your hired help is definitely high quality eye candy... Keep up the good work

nhdiesel

I managed to drive down to the in-laws just to watch the show, and it was worth it. I'll agree that Ian should have pushed it harder during the test drive, but hey, life isn't perfect. It didn't look bad at all, and the bags worked out great. I loved how easy that Sammy loaded up. It really hits home since I have a Sammy project half-started (as in, torn down in pieces) of my own.

Jim

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the explanation as to why a separate air system was good and should quiet complaints.
Nah, I still wouldn't have added the 12v compressors and the associated wiring ;). All modern trucks have the airbags and brakes running off the same system. I've blown a bag before on a Freightliner going down the hwy and while you can't keep on going, you won't loose air so fast that you can't get safely off the road. I would just have added some shutoff valves on the bag supply lines if I was worried about blowing a bag and no way to control the loss of air.

I fully understand why Ian did what he did though. They have a much bigger budget than most and more than likely got the system for free. I'm sure it will work fine. It just violates the K.I.S.S. principle with me and a home builder could save alot of money by not adding the extra compressors.

It's just not how I would have done it but I guess when I get my own TV show I can build trucks the way I want to. :)

68t

Well , I am glad folks now know us tn. people does other things in life, than picking a bango and drinking a jug of moomshine. he haw:beer:

Ian from Xtreme

Thanks for the comments guys, I do have to say that I LOVE this project truck and I really like how it turned out.

Now to address some of the questions....first....pushing it harder...man, I will be the first to admit that I was very surprised how well the truck worked off road.....the only reason I could not hit any harder trails was because of the size of the truck.....it is just a little too big to wheel at the off road park.

THe compressors where not only installed for the reason I stated on the show, but also to show to "isolate" the 24 volt batteries into 2 12 volts for future accesories....(I hope that makes sense)

I will try to find some more info on the battery isolators for you guys....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's on right now, Spike TV.

GPappy

You can watch most of the old episodes on their website for free:

Xtreme 4x4 Episodes

they are also available on iTunes.

What comes on Saturday is usually repeated on Sunday

Ian, truck turned out good, but you should have put it through its paces more. These trucks are very capable and you just drove down dirt roads with it. (need pirate flipoff2) What are you going to do with it now?

Also Courtney and the announcer both said "5 TON" military truck. (boooo hisss) She gets a pass because she is smokin hot, the announcer and proof reader do not.

Jon
I live in the sticks and don't have cable and gave up on satelite TV. Anyone know how long it takes for them to put an episode up on their website. Episode I and II are there but no III.

tamangel

old thread and topic but stumbled across the episodes today and thought I would post links for the full episodes in order, for quick viewing...

sorry for the ads..

Episode 1/3
PowerBlock | Xtreme 4x4: Military 6x6 Bobbed Deuce Part I | Season | Free Full Episodes | Spike

Episode 2/3
PowerBlock | Xtreme 4x4: Military 6x6 Bobbed Deuce Part II | Season | Free Full Episodes | Spike

Episode 3
PowerBlock | Xtreme 4x4: Military 6x6 Bobbed Deuce Part III, Finale! | Season | Free Full Episodes | Spike

Mike

Gunner0311

:deadhorse:I saw that episode last year sometime, and never saw them actually do anything again with the truck?? The show changed directions about that time and seemed to spend more time "rock crawling and trail riding".

I don't know what ever happened to the old military firetruck they bought out of a salvage yard, as I never saw them touch it. We did see it parked in one epsode behind some other truck, hidden in the background. End of story??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks