• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yaayyyy for me !

Docter

the wireing in the truck is really kind of #$?!%## so i will probably wind up trying to find money for a harness. the in cab harness isnt too bad but the front and rear harness is worn out. thought about trying to do it myself but it would take forever and the whole connection thingys. So i am hopeing for some long lost rich relative to mysteriously leave me money :)

youres at arms Doc

Blueduce

That's one heck of a project. Once I finish my deuce that's my next MV of choice. You said that you bought it mid restoration. WOW, I'd hate to have seen it pre-restoration. Did he use the fuzzy red dice as a bargaining tool or did he throw them in. :lol:

Monkey Man

It all looks excellent Doc, have you registered at G741.org yet? Lots of good folks there to help you out too, if you have already registered then PM me and let me know what you need.

Regards - MM (Monkey Man at G741.org)

Docter

ah the fuzzy dice, one of my sons girl friends thought i could use some fuzzy dice couse they matched the truck color.
i got to remember to get on the G site.
well as far as "mid resto" goes as usual there turns out to be more work once you get into it, the body as a whole is in really good shape its really the cab floor and the bottom front door posts that need any weding/patching. chassis is rusty but solid. no dents anywhere. and as much as i really want to just take her out for a cruise i made myself take the long route and try to make it right the first time.
I guess there is something to be said about maturing :twisted::shock::drool::-?

youres at arms Doc

Docter

man i have been busy with work, havent had much time for my baby. guess i shouldnt complain much at least i have remained gainfully employed in these times.
I had enough time recently to pick up a parts truck for a good price, the cab is like swiss cheese but there are plenty of little things i needed for my truck like the rear loop mounts behind the bumperettes, got some exelent condition light covers with the glass in them, the feul filter assembly on the regulater mount, troop seet brakets and so on.
something i found i am unsure of is i have these 2 plates mounted to the bottom of the chassis on either side of the engine, they look like they belong there is it some type of splash shield ?
and check out the rear tires are they some sort of civilian NDTs ? they have 3 lugs to 2 on the real NDTs

youres at arms Doc

Attachments

greeno

Those plates are most definitely stock. Some call 'em splash shields, I call 'em "wrench catchers". Saved me from crawling in the dirt at least a dozen times!