• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yes Im Posting ANOTHER Filter Thread!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1792XD filter, which I received and also pictured above occupies a total space of 17-1/5 x 9 x 6 inches including the mounting bracket and brass fittings. The canister alone is 12 x 5-3/8 inches. The flow rate is different also, about 20-22 gpm. Pressure drop varies according flow rate.

Like I mentioned in the post above, I'll remove the heater for the test.

I think there may be other considerations for changing oil more frequently also, like water and acid formation in the oil. A visual will not indicate the need for changing oil IMHO. Also how many hours do we use these trucks/year, 100, it's not like we run them like the big rigs? How many starts/year, 50?

Spoke with a UPS driver the other day and he said that they are required to shut down the engine for every stop they make. He did about 40 deliveries/pick-up that day and the oil pressure took about 3-5 seconds to build up when we checked it. He had over 500,000 miles on his truck engine without any major engine related problems....

devilman96

whoops... lol thank you for catching that Bjorn... I put up the wrong filter number last night... No more 3am post for me!

SHOULD HAVE BEEN...

Part Number: 51792XD
UPC Number: 765809527928
Principal Application: Extended Drain Version of 51792
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Wire/Glass
Height: 12.184
Outer Diameter Top: 5.342
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 1 1/2-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None
Beta Ratio: B2=5
Burst Pressure-PSI: 290
Max Flow Rate: 28-30 gpm
Nominal Micro Rating: 5

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 4.320 3.820 0.345

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progress report (if D-man wrote this, it would be 15 paragraphs long. :)).

1) No space below along the frame, especially with a winch drive shaft installed.

2) No space on the firewall....

3) Heater has to go.

4) Used heater shelf to support a custom made bracket

This is where I am at the moment as of this posting. Need to fab a brace for the bracket. Yes, I did check clearance with the hood down.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel the need to explain that my deuce is very much a test bed for a number of ideas and projects and D-man's filter installation may not look ideal. I installed it for easy access and vertically to handle it full of oil and it's not a permanent installation.
I have sent in a sample of the engine oil for analysis and should have some figures to write about within a few weeks.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is my current status, the 3/4" hydraulic hoses are stiff and big loops need to be used for the flexing required between the engine and the filter mount.
The short input connection is my problem right now.

PS. The color is a good match, eh, compare the heater duct (unretouched original color). Aervoe 997B 24084 again. BB

Attachments

vinny-socom1

Has anyone given a part number for the filter base? and where to get it? My local Napa guy says they don't show a base for the 1792XD filter only an inline set up? Photo's look great!!!! really like the color matching!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I have the hydraulic hoses with fittings made already, cost me close to $75, but worth it for this test. They are rated 1,250 psi and look a lot better than the clamped on hoses. More pictures later today....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks