• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yes Im Posting ANOTHER Filter Thread!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did finish the plumbing, but I'm not comfy with the straight threads in the drilled out cap screws (noted in image). I'm trusting the teflon tape to keep it from leaking, not a good long term solution, although yellow tape is used.
The 3/4 inch plumbing is a bear to work with.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It runs!
First time to oil pressure (to fill new filter and lines): 15 seconds
After shut down and restart, the oil pressure was up in less than 3 seconds.

Pressure drop across new oil filter after 1/2 hr at idle: 6 psi @ 154°F (thermocouple in coolant plug, should be the same as oil temp more or less)

I used a paste to seal some pipe joints for the first time and 3 out of 5 leaked. :(
The taped joints held up fine as usual. Another project to fix the leaks. aua

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn brings up an interesting point with the tape vs paste. My rule of thumb is to use tape ( I only use yellow gas tape) on everything but PVC and CPVC. My thought is the fact that CPVC and especially PVC can crack if you crank it too much. The yellow tape I use may not work well on smaller stuff such as 1/8NPT.

OSO

I like this test ! Best way to get the right data, and not to mention a real craftsman at work . The color match was fantastic! Real pro on the spray bomb. I used to paint a motorcycle tank for a friend back in the 70's, using auto paint put into spray bombs, I would wet sand ,then buff paint out. Anyway NICE WORK!!! [thumbzup] OSO

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the kit has straight threads in the drilled out cap screws, how about if pipe nipples were put in and welded in thecap screws so they would not ever leak, and then you would have a tapered thread on top. Does this sound reasonable?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, that's not an error being fixed, it's a "design spin". At least that's what I have learned since I went from engineering to marketing!!

Djfreema, Dang I was going to say that also! What do we suppose the reason for that unneccessarily huge box was?

mangus580

OPCOM said:
Bjorn, that's not an error being fixed, it's a "design spin". At least that's what I have learned since I went from engineering to marketing!!
Agreed Patrick. The Bolts that were made for the kit, were made for a different type of fitting than Bjorn used. Bjorns fittings didnt fit right because he put a spin on the design by using different hoses and such.

bottleworks

OPCOM said:
What do we suppose the reason for that unneccessarily huge box was?
Good question... I put an A/C evaporator in mine...Still need to make the hoses to use it...

Cranetruck, at some point, would you be willing to move your oil filter below the oil cooler to see if your higher "time until pressure" numbers go down relative to the position of the oil filter?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, have you been running the truck with any frequency? I'm curious to see if the filter makes a visible difference in the oil after the filter change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks